|Job Type:||Full Time|
Privacy is one of the defining issues of our time. As technology becomes more embedded in our lives and our work, our customers and employees want to understand how and why their data is collected and used, and they want to be able to make appropriate choices. Earning and keeping the trust of our customers and employees has never been more important as Microsoft works to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Privacy and Regulatory Affairs builds and manages Microsoft’s privacy program, shaping how Microsoft’s products and service collect and use data. We’re looking for a creative and passionate privacy professional to own the overall strategy and execution of CELA’s privacy program. The ideal candidate will bring an engineering-focused discipline to the role to drive automation to scale the CELA Privacy Program to the next level. The Privacy Program Owner will:
- Build and implement a scalable, automated approach to operating a privacy program
- Partner with stakeholders across the CELA organization to deliver best in class privacy governance
- Recruit and run a cross-organizational team of embedded privacy advocates
- Develop and deliver actionable insights to the Privacy and Regulatory Affairs Policy Team
- Partner: Work with a wide variety of CELA teams across the globe to become a trusted partner and enabler of Microsoft’s privacy goals.
- Assess: Learn CELA’s business operations and conduct privacy reviews to assess personal data processing risks and provide timely, actionable guidance to our stakeholders.
- Operationalize: Bring your customer obsession and your interest in making data-driven decisions to find new, better ways to document risks, manage incidents, educate stakeholders, and build a culture of privacy-respectful practices.
- Innovate: Leverage new technologies and processes to achieve greater scale.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and/or JD or equivalent
- 5+ years of privacy program experience
- Practical experience conducting privacy impact assessments
- Think big and design for solutions that scale
- Data analysis and Power BI reporting skills
- Experience managing security or privacy compliance related engineering programs
- IAPP Certification or similar
- Ability to adapt quickly, and to define processes to do the same, as the legal, policy and engineering landscape continues to evolve
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.