|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Engineer, SharePoint
Do you have a passion for developing and support SharePoint Productivity solutions for Mission Critical customers? Do you love to solve problems and help improve the quality of Microsoft's products for our valued enterprise customers? Are you customer obsessed and have a growth mindset? If so, this is a great opportunity for you. Microsoft Services is looking for a Customer Engineer to join Microsoft's Mission Critical team to help drive digital transformation with SharePoint's collaboration and content management platform. In this role you will be managing for Mission Critical customer relationships while building, deploying, operating and optimizing large complex enterprise environments. You will also be responsible for customer satisfaction, development, adoption and support of enterprise Microsoft deployments.
As a Customer Engineer you will be a key technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Premier/Unified Support to expedite incident resolution. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements.
- Mission Critical Lead responsible for the planning and delivery of proactive and reactive support.
- Identify and manage goals and opportunities across Azure technology solutions to improve the solution environment and functional processes for our customers.
- Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs, represent them
- Create deliverables to address common Microsoft Unified Support customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, share intellectual property with others.
- Engage with support, account, customer success, and product engineering teams to ensure streamlined customer experience.
- Facilitate sessions with the product team and stakeholders to discuss product updates and feedback.
- Plan and implement end-to-end Support for Mission Critical client support projects and initiative
- Maintain, expand accreditations and certifications; assist in developing best practices for key technologies & products to support technical team readiness
- Consistently apply “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork.
- Contribute & participate with meetings to articulate Microsoft Unified Support offerings to all customers; share knowledge thru communities, adapt for customers
- Contribute to On Call rotations to ensure high quality of service for the critical incidents created by Support Mission Critical customers
- At least 3 years of experience in developing, implementing, and supporting Sharepoint and SharePoint Online technical solutions or related.
- At least 5 years of experience working with Enterprise customers in any of the following: providing customer technical readiness, delivery support services, on premise and remote technical support, solution development, account management; technical requirements gathering; broad evangelism through events (presentation skills) or related
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with SharePoint and SharePoint Online; secondary skills in SharePoint Development would be beneficial
- Additional Sharepoint experience is a plus in any of the following: Creating and configuring new sites; Adding document libraries; Creating and configuring lists and forms; Backing up SharePoint sites; Automation
Technical experience with any of the following is a plus: Visual Studio, Office 365, SQL Server, SharePoint Designer, Power BI, PowerShell: Automate & configure SharePoint administration across multiple sites; SharePoint PowerShell PnP (Patterns & Practices); SharePoint PowerShell Snapin; experience with PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates
- Ability to take leadership in day to day support and critical customer escalations
- Effective communication skills in a global environment
- Candidates with Microsoft Service, CE or DSE experience will be preferable.
- Demonstrated aptitude for providing extraordinary customer service, influence, impact while problem solving and building Customer & Partner relationships.
- Possess a passion for continuous learning, strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and good judgement
- Ability to apply product & technology knowledge to improve Microsoft products and the customer experience
- Technical Delivery and Customer facing presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Must have the ability to take on internal initiatives to create services opportunities, and work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple demands, addressing shifting priorities, and maintaining focus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.