|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you love managing and directing a team of high-powered performers working in cutting edge technology? Do you enjoy working with dynamic people to solve complex business problems? If you love a challenge, have a passion for results, and have exemplary project management, people management and cross-group collaboration, we want you. This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of audit projects including driving value to the business, quality, and execution excellence.
- Provide leadership, coaching, performance management to highly empowered audit team and direct reports.
- Foster an environment where team members feel included, valued and are inspired to do their best work.
- Manage a portfolio of audit projects. Direct, counsel, and instruct audit teams. Review audit program, findings, and reports for sufficient scope, quality, and value-add to the business.
- Ensure that we have competent and sufficient engagement resources, with relevant skills to meet each audit project and our annual plan.
- Plan and execute complex and special audit projects enterprise-wide.
- Provide consulting and advisory services which are consistent with audit’s role to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Effect change by assisting business management to develop appropriate action plans to address identified deficiencies, and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner to effectively address the issues.
- Communicate trends in risk and control issues to senior management on the results of audit projects.
- Keep current and increase knowledge of company strategies, priorities, and business objectives.
- Raise the technical knowledge of the group through training and continuous professional development.
- 10+ years of demonstrated work experience in audit or a combination of auditing and other experience that includes progressive and diversified industry experience in audit, controls and compliance, controllership or other relevant role
- Proven leadership and people management skills with demonstrated skills in building strong, effective and self-directed teams.
- Proven project management skills, with a track record of effectively managing projects in highly dynamic and matrix environments.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to deliver strong and concise messages to senior management.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for 2-3-week periods up to approximately 20-30% of the year.
The following are preferred:
- A BS/BA degree in finance, IT, business administration or related field
- MBA or advanced degree
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards and accounting principles
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.