|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Modern Work Customer Co-Innovation team in E+D is looking for a customer obsessed, extremely collaborative and innovative Senior UI Designer. We are a startup team with the mission to enable our top strategic customers transform their business processes, their employee and customer experiences on our Modern Work cloud through a co-innovation process. We take pride in jointly painting a vision of their digital transformation with customers and hold ourselves accountable to deliver solutions and explore scale paths through existing product incubations or partners. The person in this role will be part of a team of creatives who drive customer co-creation workshops, UX/product design, user validation, storytelling, and communications.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to solve customer, product, business, and partnership challenges, as well as bring imagination, elegance, and simplicity to the end-user experience. Collaboration and brainstorming are second nature, as is storytelling and conceptualizing a product vision. You should have impeccable design capabilities and can deliver engineering-ready product designs and prototypes with a high degree of excellence in often tight deadline situations.
- Actively lead (as well as participate) in brainstorming and ideation sessions, including in scenario creation
- Rapidly convert output from brainstorming and ideation sessions into workable wireframes, concept designs and prototypes
- Ability to leverage and balance business principles, stakeholders and user research while delivering customer-centered design solutions
- Actively and quickly build domain knowledge to improve the impact and quality of designs.
- Build storytelling videos, decks, websites, newsletters for internal team and customers
- Utilize principle-based interaction design to generate and refine core concepts, interactions, and information design
- Establish a strong relationship with colleagues and partners, bringing them into the creative process and demonstrate the effectiveness and importance of good design
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years (post education) as a UI/UX designer in a company or agency setting working with customers
- Proven ability to roll up sleeves and bring concepts to life through visuals, code, vision videos, etc.
- Strong knowledge of current design and prototyping tools for web, mobile and media
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.