|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Do you bring passion and dedication to your job, being aware what you could accomplish? Do you want to make an impact, drive change and innovation across multiple teams worldwide? Are you eager to influence strategic finance initiatives, understand complex business processes and lead digital transformation to make finance faster, better, and less expensive?
Microsoft´s Finance Business Intelligence (Finance BI) organization is represented in the US, Europe and Asia and has a wide mandate across accounting operations, implementing strategic initiatives within Microsoft, financial reporting systems, process reengineering and compliance monitoring. Core priorities within the team are driving Microsoft´s finance digital transformation (Modern Finance), simplifying and standardizing global processes as well as reporting and business readiness.
In this role, you will be expected to combine your functional finance, international accounting, ERP/ SAP and data analyst/modelling skills, with strong passion for innovative technologies, process re-engineering, project and change management to keep abreast of changing business demand.
You will apply leading finance practices and modern technology to influence, design, transform and land key accounting initiatives, automation of controls to key business processes and systems across worldwide Sales, Marketing and overall G&A functions.
The exciting opportunity in this role is to make an impact beyond your immediate organization, but to all worldwide business partners and subsidiaries we work with towards Modern Finance.
The position is based in Atlanta, GA and requires the ability to work in a complex, dynamic, diverse and inclusive business environment with flexibility to work across different countries and in a multicultural and multinational environment.
Your core responsibilities, specific to this role will focus on the following areas:
- Lead and execute strategic initiatives and business readiness for optimizing Microsoft´s finance and SAP ERP footprint across the globe, leveraging emerging technologies.
- Work in close partnership with worldwide finance organizations as well as cross-functional project teams in business segments, legal, audit and corporate/field finance functions.
- Manage and drive Finance BI´s WW finance ERP and statutory process/systems readiness roadmap. Focusing on digitizing the accounting function by influencing and enabling business readiness to land Microsoft´s strategic investments in finance digital transformation projects.
- Own end to end processes, ERP / SAP systems and accounting readiness roadmap for business expansion and integrations with field impact.
- Spearhead and identify new risk scenarios in the transforming sales cycles to innovate and enhance continuous compliance monitoring.
- Create and maintain relationships with international controllers, represent, coordinate, and validate worldwide input with finance communities and focus groups.
- Ability to work with staff in global sales marketing and commercial finance organizations to influence global investments, lead global projects, drive change and work with all levels in the organization that assures requirements are met.
- You will have to listen, audit, consult and train with a variety of teams, create opportunities to simplify, improve effectiveness, eliminate redundancies and balance between the need to respond to immediate local needs while maintaining the strategic mandate to adhere to global governance.
An ideal candidate will have a well-rounded knowledge of Finance Accounting/Audit, Analysis and, ERP/SAP as well as experience in working cross organizationally and cross cultural, managing senior stakeholders and communities. A solid technical background with focus on data and emerging technologies, strong communication skills and openness to constantly learn will be key for success.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or Process Engineering.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong finance accounting, audit, business process and technology background
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise resource planning systems (i.e. SAP R/3, S4/HANA) and end to end finance process design with a global footprint.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis/analytics with emerging technologies.
- Basic understanding of segment sales cycles as well as operations processes.
- Experience in MS data/workflow technologies (i.e. MS-Office, M365, Cloud Services)
- Experience in driving a global international Project Roadmap, leading (remote) project teams.
- Experience in business process consulting, reengineering and/or internal/external audit.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Minimal travel domestically and/or internationally.
- A high level of independence as demonstrated through problem-solving skills, effective process evaluation, strong business relationship building, and delivery of high-quality results
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, international projects with drive for agreed results.
- Ability to work under tight timelines, deal with ambiguity and changing business requirements.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must focus on building relationships with business partners and be comfortable to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Self- starter capabilities and willingness to listen and learn.
- Ability to navigate strategic corporate initiatives and influence from an international perspective.
- Ability to work effectively cross–organizationally and cross-culturally.
- Client/Customer focus
- Experience in change management.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.