|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does the challenge of solving the some of the largest scale production scenarios excite you? If so, Azure Networking is the core of Microsoft Cloud, whose systems and services enable Azure to scale. Azure Networking powers all of Microsoft: Azure, Microsoft 365, Xbox, LinkedIn. Our teams innovate on all fronts to operate over the entire networking stack on millions of servers and services, from cloud native services such Azure Firewall, an industry first growing explosively, to Virtual Networks for every enterprise on the planet, and underneath it all, 100K miles of fiber and subsea systems.
In joining our engineering team, you will be building systems that support our mission to build the world’s most reliable cloud. A key success factor to this role is to be customer obsessed to ensure we continually improve the core developer experience for the cloud. As a software Engineer in the team, you will be owning and driving cross-cutting optimizations in the platform to improve core Azure Network IP Management features, Billing and Telemetry. Our team presents a unique opportunity to work on a core Azure service fundamental to build and enhance functionalities along with taking responsibility for end-end development. This is a highly visible role as we are collaborating with many teams in Azure to build state-of-art IP management features and billing constructs for the Cloud. Further, you will apply big data strategies to solve these challenges and engineer solutions to enhance and improve the Azure platform holistically.
Keen to work in a collaborative, fast paced environment – scaling and creating the world’s computer? We would love to talk to you!
About our team and how we work:
- We are an agile team of motivated, strong software developers with a can-do attitude.
- We enjoy working together with other teams.
- We work with short release cycles (we deploy every week) and continuously aim to improve the services we build and the way we work.
- Delighting customers and building robust and scalable systems are our top priorities.
Previous experience with AI/Machine Learning, service development, open-source development and full-stack are definite pluses. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor development of networking services that power the world of cloud computing.
- 4+ years experience with object-oriented software design and development.
- Experience with enterprise-scale distributed systems desired.
- Experience with Spark, Scala, Kafka are great pluses.
- Self-driven individual with strong sense of ownership.
- Technical leadership within the group and across teams for feature area.
- Ability to work extremely well together with other groups and to drive the best designs.
- Good knowledge of Internet application architectures (REST, OData).
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related engineering field.
- Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Our services deal with billions of transactions, if fundamental challenges of distributed systems such as high-scalability, security and robustness are what excites you, this job is for you: networking services are at the very core of cloud computing, are impacting every single customer, and must be up 24/7 without exception.
We are the team owning Network billing, telemetry pipeline and IP Management with tools for customers and internal teams use when creating networking artifacts in the Microsoft Azure Cloud.
We are looking for an engineer with a great mindset to help us in two areas: (1) improve and maintain a billing service for all networking resources that receives millions and millions customer usage day and (2) build features around IP Management in Azure Networking. You need to be able to work in a significantly vast code base, participate in an agile team that always tries to improve, and be an all-rounder – because you will need to code, test, deploy, and help with live site.
1. BS or Master’s in CS or related field with at least 2 years of development experience
2. Experience in Spark is a plus
3. Networking experience is a plus
4. Working with the Cloud is a plus
5. Passion and dedication to learn
6. Be a great team player
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.