|Job Type:||Full Time|
The game industry, the fastest growing sector of the entertainment industry, is being heavily disrupted by cloud technology. Virtually all game developers are evolving to deliver Games-as-a-Service, centered on continuous content delivery and player engagement, and require accelerated production environments, agile back-end infrastructure, and live ops services.
Microsoft is uniquely positioned to lead this transformation to cloud-basedgaming, thanks toassets like our first party studios (Halo, Minecraft), our Xbox gaming platform,and Azure,one of the largest public clouds andthe fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history.
The GamingVerticalteamleadsMicrosoft’s business selling tools and services togame creators. Our mission is to empower game creators to realize their dreams.We have a startup culture in which we dream big, move fast, and work directly with our customers.Our aspiration is nothing short of delivering the world’s best cloud platform for game developers across the entire gaming life cycle, frompre-production, todevelopment, to testing and deployment, to ongoingoperation and monetization.
The Director for Gaming Partnershipsisresponsible forleadingMicrosoft’spartnership strategy for theGaming Industry,acceleratinggrowth and adoption ofourcloud servicesby building partnerships with key ISVs,system integrators, andchannel partners.
The right candidate will be a skilled business development professional, with strong ties across the game industry with a rangeof potential partners.In this role youwill:
- Lead partnership strategy forourgamingindustryvertical to accelerate growth and adoption.
- Identify strategic partners,and execute partnership deals to meet strategic business and product goals, including:
- System Integrators, tohelp game creators adopt Azure services.
- ISV’s,tofill in gaps in our set of services and meet creator needs.
- Channel partners (e.g., LSPs & resellers), to help promote and resell our services.
- Set up and manageathird partymarketplace of partnerson the Azure marketplace.
- Develop co-marketing opportunitieswithkey partners.
- Administer funding toselectpartners to helpthem move onto our Azurecloud, anddevelop solutions that driveMicrosoftadoption.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) inbusiness, accounting, or a related field.
- 6+ years of relevant experience insalesand business development, ideally with experienceworking at a range of levels, fromsmall and medium size organizations,up to large multinationals.
- Prior experiencein the game industrypreferred; prior experiencepartnering with cloud or SaaSservices is also preferred.
- Ability to work independently in highly ambiguous environments, with both technical and business groups internally and externally.Self motivating, andself directed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.