|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Finance Business Intelligence (BI) Controls & Compliance (C&C) team is responsible for supporting the Corporate Finance Services (CFS) and other teams across Microsoft's Finance organization by driving strategic controls and compliance activities in Finance BI, Finance Operations, Procure to Pay (P2P), Shadow IT, Business Continuity Management, Privacy, and Acquisitions & Venture Integrations (A&VI).
Our team is passionate for technology and innovation, and we operate in a highly collaborative environment, partnering heavily with multiple teams across the company.
We are looking for a strong leader to join our team and drive C&C programs through solid collaboration and partnership with different functions within and outside of CFS including: corporate and business C&C Leads, Core Systems Engineering (CSE), Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs (CELA), and Audit, Risk and Compliance (ARC). In this role, you will be responsible for developing controls framework for the following areas 1) Finance Shadow IT environment 2) Finance BI owned tools and systems 3) Business systems involved in strategic initiatives and acquisition integration projects and 4) policy governance and support. Additionally, this person will play an strategic role as our liaison for engineering, business tool owners, and process owners to drive common understanding of controls and partner across the teams for effective risk mitigating actions.
- Work closely with business partners and corporate policy owners to implement and manage the monitoring process for Finance BI tools and systems supporting key corporate functions.
- Work closely with other teams’ C&C Leads to:
- Coordinate the overall design, plan and execution of a comprehensive controls and compliance program for tools, systems, and corporate functions.
- Determine impact on existing controls of new strategic initiatives, significant changes to tools and systems, and acquisitions.
- Coordinate periodic risk assessment to develop ongoing understanding of designated areas and evaluate adequacy of compliance processes.
- Propose revised or additional controls and monitoring program requirements when applicable.
- Coordinate compliance reporting as part of the ROB activities for updating senior management.
- Support audit projects and issue remediation with control owners in the designated areas to ensure risks are appropriately addressed.
- Be a trusted and independent advisor on relevant policies and controls to the CFS leadership team and other C&C community members.
Required qualifications and key competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Experience designing and implementing risk assessments and internal controls compliance monitoring programs
- Ability to influence without authority
- Experience with managing large projects, processes and tools integration, or process/control improvement opportunities impacting entire businesses or organizations.
- Experience landing executive level compliance training and communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of:
- policy management,
- shaping the compliance framework for an organization (using known frameworks such as COSO, COBIT),
- designing and/or implementing audit test plans,
- driving change management related to internal controls and processes, and/or
- designing/executing remediation.
- Ability to work under tight timelines, dealing with ambiguity and changing business requirements.
- Experience with compliance measurement systems, compliance scorecards or other vehicles to report compliance results.
- CPA or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Microsoft product certification or training (e.g., Azure Fundamentals) strongly preferred.
- Public accounting or significant internal audit experience.
- Experience working in a large multinational environment.
- Experience with working with FCPA and other anti-corruption regulatory requirements
- Other audit, compliance, or privacy professional/industry certifications a plus (CIA, CISA, CISSP, CIPP, etc.).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.