|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to impact the foundation of nearly everything Microsoft does? Azure Edge + Platform is responsible for engineering systems, operating systems and edge products that span cloud-to-edge and edge-to-cloud, including media services and hardware. We build and operate hybrid businesses across the cloud and edge – and have ambitions to create an ecosystem of devices and solutions that bring the Azure Edge to scale.
We are looking for a SrCommunications Manager to drive our Edge + Platform story and support the CVP, E+P PM – reporting to the Chief of Staff.
This role is responsible for the creation and execution of the overall Edge + Platform communications strategy and messaging framework, and CVP leader internal and external communications support. This role will orchestrate across many stakeholders for core deliverables and requires an individual who is a great team player, a self-starter, strategic thinker and adaptable to jumping in to solve issues and drive solutions across the business.
- Lead, create and execute the Edge + Platform communications strategy and messaging framework and overall plan. Internal-facing is inclusive of all hands, townhalls, newsletters, videos, and other employee-facing mediums. External-facingto include keynotes, videos, blogs, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive and multi-faceted communication platform for the CVP, Edge + Platform PM, to encompass internal & external engagements and communications. Including coordination with communications partners across MSFT including PR and Marketing, and with external partners as appropriate to manage the communication and disclosure of our product investments and strategy.
- Facilitate development of key messages with CVP, Edge + Platform, helping to ensure messages are authentic, consistent and aligned with business, product, and organization priorities.
- Ensure CVP, Edge + Platform, participation in events (product, community, industry) are well planned, executed, and aligned with broader communication plan priorities, while establishing her brand.
- Manage CVP, Edge + Platform social strategy, inclusive of content selection, writing, and measurement.
- Drive high-visibility executive and internal strategy presentation decks and speeches in conjunction with the Azure Edge + Platform team.
- Track the progress of communications programs through reporting and survey telemetry, calculate the ROI of the programs and make portfolio amendment recommendations.
- A Bachelors Degree
- 6+ years communications, public relations, marketing or executive communications experience
- Exceptional messaging and writing skills .
- BA/BS in Journalism, Marketing or Communications.
- Business maturity, confidentiality and experience working with senior executives.
- Good eye for graphic design and multi-media video production experience is helpful.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy in all communications deliverables.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to drive coordination across all levels and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple communication projects simultaneously and drive strong work-back plans.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and able to adapt plans and approach real-time.
Examples of written communications and presentations will be requested.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.