|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Communications and Time Management team powers the email and collaboration products that hundreds of millions of users count on every day to connect, organize, and get things done.
We are currently building the next generation of products and features that span our portfolio of world-class communication applications – Outlook, our flagship email and calendaring brand, our solution to help people connect across organizations.
We need a strong Data PM who is passionate about data, that can help turn amazing amounts of data into actionable insights and metrics that help shape products and guide the team on areas for experimentation and investment. You'd be able to impact how hundreds of millions of users make a measurable difference in user growth and retention in Outlook and build the data graph that shows how Outlook attributes to Office growth.
- Work closely with data engineering, data science to establish strategies and execution plans to deliver data and insights that help us better understand how we measure our users, their engagement and derive insights.
- Enable Data Modeling using ML to gain deeper user insights for experimentation
- Build and maintain a world-class data pipeline. We envision well established metrics that track our issues, frequency, type, time to resolve, etc. so that we know if something's wrong within minutes and we're able to turn it around quickly and prevent it from happening again, with continuous improvement
- Good hands on knowledge with data, queries and a passion to understand patterns to derive insights.
- Strong execution skills to deliver data as a product with quality and understand business impacts.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of PM experience, data experience is an added plus
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Demonstrated data-driven and analytical thinking with a strong bias for hypothesis-based rapid experimentation
- Good written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.