|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes and rewards great work.
MS Operations has a passion for customers, partners and technology. We provide solutions to deliver more software to users worldwide by making easier and smarter ways for businesses to acquire and use the software they need.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy!
Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Insights are critical to increasing Microsoft’s operational efficiency and is key to the successful execution of both our current and future business strategies. This role will be part of a team that has the charter to put Analytics at the Heart of Operations.
IDEA team under Data Services (EPIC) Operations is looking for an exceptionally talented Engineer that has experience in Analytics and Business Intelligence to create solutions that drive a strategic internal program to improve cost and process efficiencies across our organization. A successful candidate in this role will possess analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to plan for end-to-end scenarios, read/write code and drive integrations with other engineering teams. A successful candidates must have a track record of showing up in a variety of technical and business situations with an inquisitive, can-do mindset and the ability to break through barriers, challenge the status quo. Our ideal candidate will think about audience scenarios and demonstrate user empathy when designing and developing solutions as well as have an eagerness to roll up sleeves, learn & apply the latest technologies, dive into technical development efforts, and deliver solutions that simplify complex business problems.
Now let's talk about you. You want to build best-in-class solutions using robust coding practices and the latest tech. You have passion and desire to work under an Agile DevOps culture and you enjoy the rhythm of a fast-paced startup environment. You relish the opportunity to work closely with your customers and deliver software that delights them.
- Create custom software components and analytics applications
- Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
- Implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Collaborate with members of your team (e.g., data architects and scientists, core developers) on the project’s goals.
- Drive process discovery and resolution of technical blockers; generate ideas, and identify/solve problems
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production and deliver the data to the data science team
- Produce simple, high quality code using frameworks, services, and reusable assets where possible
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software design and development experience using OOP Languages (C#, C++, Java, etc)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies like SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, etc
- 1+ year of experience with scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, etc…
- Experience working in software engineering, and can demonstrate best practices for quality control, and product development.
- Ability to work closely with our data scientists and AI teams to integrate models into the system
- Proven track record of collaborative design in an agile team environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Hadoop, Storm, Scala and Spark
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Designed and developed scalable software using Cloud infrastructure such as MS Azure or AWS
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.