|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does the opportunity to shape the future of one of the fastest growing segments of the Microsoft business appeal to you? Are you someone who loves to work on hard problems and turn complex functionality into beautiful experiences? Does the idea of creating solutions that will affect millions of commercial IT users who care deeply about security, compliance, and productivity resonate with you?
In Experience Collective, we believe in the power of a federated community to create and deliver holistic customer experiences and drive business impact at scale. A community that is made up of diverse styles, voices and views reflecting the diversity of our customers, and giving us the empathy to serve their needs. Nurturing and continuously evolving this culture are our shared responsibility, because we create better products together. We believe designing in the open empowers us all to move fast and build experiences without seams.
We share, we jam, we collaborate. We re-use rather than reinvent. We contribute to each other’s work to make it better. We work in small, cross-app, interdisciplinary teams to ensure we build experiences that are inclusive, efﬁcient and delightful. We make to think, we prototype and test. We work from small to large screens. We build both category-leading apps, and seamlessly connected experiences across them.
We tell compelling emotional stories to open space for innovation, win new customers and take our existing customers along. We push boundaries constantly because we believe in the magic of bold ideas. And because it’s our responsibility to strive to be best-in-class. We owe it to our company, and our customers.
Microsoft’s M365 Security + Compliance User Research team helps our commercial customers secure their environments and conform to government regulations. We are looking for a talented researcher to join our team of committed and passionate researchers.
- Work with stakeholders to understand research needs and develop research plans for your product area.
- Partner closely with design, program management, customer experience, and data science to develop a deep understanding of our customers to inform the product roadmap.
- Pull from a broad portfolio of research techniques from generative to evaluative to inform product and design decisions throughout the entire product cycle.
- Design, execute, and analyze research to deliver insightful and actionable results.
- Communicate research findings in clear and compelling ways to all levels of the product team, with ability to explain methodology, insights, and design recommendations.
- Build a trusted partnership with stakeholders to inform the roadmap for your area.
- Contribute to the formation of the research culture across our team.
- An advanced degree in Psychology, HCI/HFE, HCDE, or related field is required.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of research and design work experience, with strong theoretical and practical knowledge of both qualitative (e.g., ethnography), and quantitative (e.g., data analytics), research methodologies, and statistics.
- The candidate must have a proven ability to help teams develop and drive progress on key metrics as well as have experience in creating research plans.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with, and persuade, varied audiences and argue for results (both orally and in writing) is a plus.
- Experience from the security and compliance industry a strong plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.