|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does theopportunity to shape the future of one of the fastest growing segments of the Microsoft businessappeal to you?Are you someone who loves to work onhardproblems and turn complex functionality into beautiful experiences? Does the idea of creating solutions that will affect millions of commercial IT users who care deeply about security, compliance, and productivity resonate with you?
In Experience Collective, we believe in the power of a federated community to create and deliver holistic customer experiences and drive business impact at scale. A community that is made up of diverse styles, voices and views reflecting the diversity of our customers, and giving us the empathy to serve their needs. Nurturing and continuously evolving this culture are our shared responsibility, because we create better products together. We believe designing in the open empowers us all to move fast and build experiences without seams.
We share, we jam, we collaborate. We re-use rather than reinvent. We contribute to each other’s work to make it better. We work in small, cross-app, interdisciplinary teams to ensure we build experiences that are inclusive, efﬁcient and delightful. We make to think, we prototype and test. We work from small to large screens. We build both category-leading apps, and seamlessly connected experiences across them.
We tell compelling emotional stories to open space for innovation, win new customers and take our existing customers along. We push boundaries constantly because we believe in the magic of bold ideas. And because it’s our responsibility to strive to be best-in-class. We owe it to our company, and our customers.
Microsoft’sM365 Security + Compliance User Researchteamhelpsour commercial customers secure their environments and conform togovernmentregulations. We are looking for a talented researcher to joinour team of committed and passionate researchers.
- Drive clarity around research needs for theSecurity + Complianceplatform and work with stakeholders to outline the appropriate research plan.
- Partner closely with design,program management,customer experience, and data scienceto develop a deep understanding of ourcustomersto inform the product roadmapfor platform investments.
- Pull from a broad portfolio of research techniques from generative to evaluative to inform product and design decisions throughout the entire product cycle.
- Design, execute, and analyze research to deliver insightful and actionable results.
- Create compelling narratives around investments that need to be made to make the experience for all Security + Compliance customers.
- Build a trusted partnership with stakeholders to inform the roadmap for your area.
- Contribute to the formation ofthe researchcultureacross our team.
- Anadvanced degree in Psychology, HCI/HFE, HCDE, or relatedfieldis required.
- Industry experience in commercial IT is required.
- The ideal candidate will have at least7+ years of research and design work experience, with strong theoretical and practical knowledge of both qualitative (e.g., ethnography), and quantitative (e.g., data analytics), research methodologies, and statistics.
- Musthave excellent interpersonal skills.Abilityto communicatewith andpersuadeat a leadership level.
- The candidate must have a proven ability to help teams develop and drive progress on key metrics as well as have experience in creating research plans.
- Experience withdata scienceand how to pull in telemetry data to drive recommendationsis a strong plus.
- Experience from thesecurity and compliance industryastrong plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.