|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a great Software Engineer? Do you like working on technology problems which impact people on a global scale? We believe the modern workspace is under-served by the existing software solutions and we are building the new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace.
Microsoft Teams is core to our vision for intelligent communications—bringing together conversations, meetings, files, Office apps, and third-party integrations—to provide a single hub for teamwork in Office 365. Teams is the fastest growing business application. Its strong momentum has proven that teamwork is essential to the way work gets done today. As we build out these capabilities, Teams will evolve as the primary client for intelligent communications in Office 365.
Check out Microsoft Teams
This position is for an experienced software engineer in Microsoft Teams focusing on building and maintaining the core UX of the product such as the title bar, header, etc. You will be working on the UI that our 115 million (and counting) daily active users interact with regularly.
- Own and deliver complete features that are performant and accessible, including architecture, implementation, tests, telemetry, debugging and shipping.
- A strong commitment to mentorship and helping your fellow engineers to learn and grow.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and work well with other people.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Knowledge of UI frameworks like React, Apollo and Angular.
- Understanding of semantic HTML, CSS and CSS preprocessors.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and adopt solutions from within the company or from the Open Source community.
- Experience with agile project management methodologies.
- Good problem solving & debugging skills.
- Software development and testing experience with Front End development technologies.
- Knowledge of responsive UI principles and ability to understand and implement responsive UI components with a good eye for UX design.
- Ability to work with build tools such as webpack, yarn, grunt and gulp.
- Good in self-direction, problem solving, critical thinking, communication skills and customer empathy.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.