|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Experience Collective, we believe in the power of a federated community to create and deliver holistic customer experiences and drive business impact at scale. A community that is made up of diverse styles, voices and views reflecting the diversity of our customers, andgivingus the empathy to serve their needs. Nurturing and continuously evolvingthisculture are our shared responsibility, because we create better products together. We believe designing in the open empowers us all to move fast and build experiences without seams.
We share, we jam, we collaborate. We re-userather than reinvent. We contribute to each other’s work to make it better. We work in small, cross-app, interdisciplinary teams to ensure we build experiences that are inclusive, efﬁcient and delightful. We make tothink,we prototype and test. We work from small to large screens. We build both category-leading apps, and seamlessly connected experiences across them.
We tell compelling emotional stories to open space for innovation, win new customers and take our existing customers along. We push boundaries constantly because we believe in the magic of bold ideas. And because it’s our responsibility to strive to be best-in-class. We owe it to ourcompany,and our customers.
Do you thrive in the space of design systems, fromthe minutedetails to the big picture? Do you put human needs at the center of your design thinking? Do you like solving tough technical problems through collaboration and excellent visual design skills?The Microsoft365 Admin Design Studio is a team of multidisciplinary designers working to make technology that enables IT admins to evolvetheirworkplaces. We’re at the forefront of making the next generation of management software for businesses across the world – and we are hiring!
Our studios are large, modern, open, spaces where designers, managers, and producers work collaboratively to craft experiences that integrate content, software, hardware, and services. No cubicles here. Interaction, motion, UX and visual designers team up to share ideas and work on Microsoft 365, the future of how Microsoft will empower businesses across the world. Every studiopartnerswith top-notch teams of program managers, developers, producers, and researchers who advise on release dates, technological challenges, and customer feedback. If coding constraints are just another piece of the design puzzle for you, and you're excited about expanding your design skills across visual, interaction, and motion design--we want to talk to you.
This role is intheMicrosoft365 Admin Design Studio (M365 Admin), with an emphasis onsearch and intelligence. As a designer for M365 Admin, you'll be responsible for evolving and extendingthe Microsoft365 experience for millions of Information Technology admins around the world. All designers in M365 Admin design studios must have a clear understanding of each phase of the design process: information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual + motion design, brand integration, and content creation. You will be expected to broaden your technical understanding as new technologies emerge, and you'll get the chance to apply it and your growing design expertise as roles in and across the studios evolve.
- Ship human-centered experiences across Microsoft products and services
- Participate in and/or facilitate design brainstorming and worksessions
- Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experiencedesigns
- Work across visual, interaction, motion, brand, and other designer disciplines to ensure your contribution enhances the overall userexperience
- Present design ideas and assets as needed to peers, partners, and management in ways that bring the customer story to life, Incorporate feedback into designefforts
- Implement and/or evolve Microsoft's visual design language (including grid, typography, color and other design-language patterns)
- Effectively communicate with program managers and developers through implementation to realize designvision
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around all aspects of design and designdirection
- Deliver visual assets and/or guidance (information structures and hierarchies; navigation models; animations, wireframes, flows, and other visual prototypes) to development counterparts on time and with quality, in accordance with agilemethodology
- Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into designefforts
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and futureproducts
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, Information Design, or equivalent education or experience
- 3+ years of experience in relevant design discipline for consumer product experiences
- Portfolio emphasizing interaction and graphic design skills with a focus on designsystems
- Master’sdegree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Communication Design, Information Design or similar fields is aplus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make compelling and clear design presentations for variedaudiences
- Strong organizational skills andan attentionto detail
- Abilityto quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and otherartifacts
- Abilityto think conceptually about design and informationarchitecture
- Working knowledge of 3D animation and/or modeling tools is aplus
- Experience creating, managing, or contributing to UI pattern libraries and interactionguidelines
- Knowledge ofnaturaluser interface (NUI) paradigms is aplus
- Knowledge of the consumer electronics industry
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.