|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xbox Game Studios Publishing is looking for passionate, game and technology industry veterans to help us drive new entertainment franchises with some of the best partners from around the globe. This is a rare opportunity to join a creatively driven team of people, develop exciting new projects, and take advantage of the newest technology available with backing and support from across Microsoft. Join the team driving AAA game development that sets the standard for entertainment across a growing family of devices including Xbox and Windows 10.
We're looking for a DevOps engineer with experience building and operating services at scale. Our team is responsible for operating the services and websites that power our games - from those that were released a decade ago to ones that are still in development. The ideal candidate will have experience in all areas of DevOps, whether that's writing service code, automating builds, tuning web server configuration, or debugging live issues in production environments.
- Design and Develop custom web services for a variety of game features hosted in the cloud.
- Build and operate infrastructure, monitoring, and alerting for game services and websites.
- Troubleshoot and resolve service, website, and infrastructure failures.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Experience with a cloud computing environment (Azure or others).
- Experience operating Kubernetes clusters and services deployed within them.
- Operational and automation experience with Linux.
- Understanding of and experience with operating REST services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years professional development experience in a role of similar responsibilities.
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana
- Demonstrable experience creating or contributing to Helm charts
- NET Core service development experience
- Website development and/or operations experience, especially with PHP/WordPress
- Experience using the Kusto Query Language
- Demonstrable experience with Go/Python
- Experience with build and release automation using Azure DevOps or comparable platform
- History of game development experience or a passion for online gaming
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.