|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xbox Game Studios Publishing is looking for passionate, game and technology industry veterans to help us drive new entertainment franchises with some of the best partners from around the globe. This is a rare opportunity to join a creatively driven team of people, develop exciting new projects, and take advantage of the newest technology available with backing and support from across Microsoft. Join the team driving AAA game development that sets the standard for entertainment across a growing family of devices including Xbox and Windows 10.
Senior DevOps Project Manager
The Microsoft Studios Global Publishing is looking for an experienced Project Manager who is enthusiastic to gather requirements, define best practices and manage development efforts for a small team of DevOps, Web and generalist support engineers.
The ideal candidate with have both hands-on abilities and project management skills. We’re looking for someone with a development background who prioritizes planning and achieving results that they themselves will use as the “customer”.
- Use of Azure DevOps and other workflow management tools to maintain a backlog while actively crafting priorities as part of a continuous team workflow.
- Work closely with product teams to plan workstreams on quarterly and annual basis.
- Work closely with developers and partners on a weekly and monthly basis to track progress, unblock dependencies and help solve emergent support requirements.
- Use of Azure DevOps with Visual Studio tooling to create ASP.NET Core service applications that leverage Azure’s wide array of component resources and hosting solutions.
- Co-leading development, reviewing, building, testing and deploying a variety of component services. Our game services are consumer facing and provide essential functionality for popular Microsoft games, both in development and production.
- Success will be measured by delivery of completed “LiveOps” solutions that both you and your team will use to maintain healthy operations of our game services. Creation and review of TSG’s along with how-to documentation are essential duties of this role.
- As a part of a small team of DevOps Engineers, you will be expected to participate in our “on-call” rotations. While on-call rotations are outside of normal working hours, engagement in this capacity is only expected during infrequent and extreme situations involving service outages.
- Project management and/or DevOps management experience for a team of engineers.
- Development history creating services using modern design patterns (MVC, Dependency Injection, Unit Testing, Secret handling, Automation and more)
- Live Operations experience with large scale production services requiring 3-4 9’s SLA.
- Experience with: Scripting, Git, integration testing frameworks, modern databases, query languages and monitoring solutions, TSG creation and utilization.
- A clear passion for creating polished and highly automated operational solutions.
- 5+ years’ service development or automation scripting experience.
- 5+ years’ experience deploying and managing production services.
- 2+ years’ experience using Azure Resources and Hosting Solutions.
- 2+ years’ experience leading or managing a small services development team.
- Experience operating Kubernetes clusters and services deployed within them.
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana
- Demonstrable experience creating or contributing to Helm charts
- Website development and/or operations experience, especially with PHP/WordPress
- Experience with build and release automation using Azure DevOps or comparable platform
- History of game development experience or a passion for online gaming
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.