|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us in Teams Platform team as we take Microsoft Teams, our fast-growing collaboration product to the next level.
We are looking for a passionate product & program manager to define and deliver new ways to connect people, improve communication, and facilitate collaboration across a wide range of business applications and corporate cultures.
Teams is a hub for collaboration and communication. Our extensibility model allows for 1st, 3rd, and Line of Business apps to be integrated inside of Teams, allowing end users to use all of the apps they need in a single, cohesive experience. The apps core team is at the heart of building out this model to ensure that users have a rich in-client experience, while giving IT administrators the right management controls to customize that experiences.
We’re looking for a talented Product/Program Manager to envision and build end user facing experiences leveraging Conversational Platform capabilities. In this role, you'll define and own a host of experiences around message extensions, bots, building dynamic card experiences and connectors. You ll innovate and have opportunity to redefined conversational platform experiences. You'll have ample opportunities to work closely with customers, partners, developers, and other stakeholders to strategize and enable new experiences.
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We're a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate, and deliver value to customers. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them, and there are numerous opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback that directly impacts the product. While we innovate and move at a fast pace, we're also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product. Our culture is open, respectful, and empowering - we believe that listening to all voices is key to the success of our product and our team.
- Envision & innovative conversational platform (chatbots, messaging extensions..) capabilities
- Work closely with design team to push the boundaries on user experiences built on top of Platform capabilities
- Engage with customers and internal partners to understand their scenarios and ideate on UX design
- Spec, plan and ship features
- Regularly present new product plans, demos, competitive reviews, and more to the leadership team
- Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure
- Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms
- At least 3 years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services
- Keen focus on UX, design and scenario-thinking
- Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the collaborative leadership skills to lead a change in direction when needed.
- Innate curiosity and ability to thrive in ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment. Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude and bias for action are very welcome.
- Experience across the entire product lifecycle – from project inception to ship and the know-how required to lead your crew to realize your vision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Platform/ Extensibility requirements is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.