Following the acquisition of gene editing platform and oncology product portfolio of Applied StemCell Inc, we are now looking to expand the team as we look to become a leader in the cell engineering field. With this in mind, we are recruiting for a Research Associate to join our Cell Engineering team.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within a growing business by playing a hands-on role in gene editing projects in cells, cell culture and cell-based assays.
- Perform cell engineering using CRISPR technology for service type cell-based projects
- Generate and maintain modified cancer, iPSC and other cell lines in BSL-2 level laboratory environments
- Generate high-quality and deliverable data, perform data analysis and report in a timely, troubleshooting wherever needed;
- Collaborate and exchange the technique protocols, tips and experience with other team members internally or externally
- Create and manage good documentation of experimental data and reagent inventories
- Perform a good laboratory practice and maintenance. Keep a safe and clean laboratory hygiene.
- Perform additional relevant duties as needed and assigned
- B.S. in Cell Biology or a closely related discipline
- At least one year of relevant laboratory experience
- Experienced working with cancer or iPSC cell culture
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.