Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software and we are looking for a part visionary, part technical wizard to help architect the platforms and products that make up the DevOps Solution. As a Devops Architect You'll be a key authority on the platforms and products that are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and create that magic in delivering their best work. Think Nasa launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity. The primary focus of your role will be to own the broad architectural aspects of the DevOps Solution.
You'll need strong technical prowess in the cloud-native space with incredible coding ability across a diverse set of languages and technologies, a deep understanding of architecture with the ability to foresee and plan for changes, and be a great communicator. You need to be able to translate your deep technical skills to influence other developers, product managers and senior managers to ensure the team understands the vision, is onboard with it, and is moving towards achieving the product's ongoing goals. With the rapidly changing software industry, You'll be constantly learning and improving your own skills and knowledge, which will ultimately help to grow our products and advance humanity through the power of software.
More about you
- We'd love it if you have an extensive background in developing and operating large-scale cloud-based distributed applications - with direct experience developing/running services on AWS and are well-versed in best practices and patterns.
- We will want you to have a laser focus on designing infrastructure solutions for scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability, and operational excellence. If you're good with "fixing the plane while in flight" (not just greenfield solutions), you will be right for this role.
- You will possess the ability to prioritize existing technical and infrastructure debt and build and execute a plan to pay it off.
- You will be expected to work with others to drive alignment between architecture projects and product roadmap. You will have the ability to ask tough questions, have a principled but also pragmatic approach to decision-making, have stellar written and verbal communication abilities (that also means skilled interactions with developers and non-technical people alike).
- You will have the opportunity to leverage your deep understanding of technologies like Elasticsearch, Redis, RDS, MongoDB, Python and Java. You have experience with running secure and scalable applications for highly available, multi-region, AWS deployments.
- You're also the type that loves to teach others and be hands on yourself. Finally you are an effective communicator, able to articulate your technical and architectural know-how in a way that will influence the engineering teams towards a united vision and goal, understanding that building incredible software cannot be done in isolation but together as one team.
More about this team
- The DevOps team is a combination of products and platform components such as: Jira Software DevOps functionality, Statuspage, Bitbucket Cloud, a graph and insights platform, and other super secret exciting initiatives we can’t reveal right now! We are based In Sydney, San Francisco, Austin, and places in between.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.