|Job Type:||Part Time|
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
A career at Brown-Forman is just like a good bottle of bourbon: unique and refined, with a bit of a kick. Making our products from barrel to bottle requires detailed planning along each step. Just like bourbon production, our employees work in many different aspects to create the best possible product. This way, our customers can enjoy the world-class brands we promise to deliver. Here’s the kicker - we, too, get to enjoy this process, just one of the sweet benefits of leading the market with the world’s favorite whiskey. Whether in the ground, in the store, or in the office, we hand pick all of our ingredients in order to be proud of what we achieve.This position will be hired through Brown-Forman's internal temporary pool. The hours will vary from week to week. The position will support the Food Services team which serves Brown-Forman executives, employees, and their guests.
- Cold and hot food preparation, including portioning, chopping, and storing food
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist
- Prepare cold foods, including desserts
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food
- Set-up and break down work station
- Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Knowledge of best cooking practices
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to supervisor
- Complete safety training and sanitation certifications
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
- Ability to work flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
Ability to perform these duties in each of the kitchen food stations:
- Prep/Food Runner, Line Cook, and Dishwasher, as needed
Active driver’s license
1 to 2 years kitchen experience in stand alone restaurant
Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
1 to 2 years kitchen experience in catering or equivalent establishment
Number of Openings Available:1