|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
TPMs at Samsara are the linchpins of our most complex programs - driving strategic and tactical initiatives to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business. You will partner closely with our firmware teams to plan and drive development for new hardware programs. This includes developing upfront milestone+date based plans, partnering with NPI to align with key hardware (EVT/DVT/PVT) and program milestones, and most importantly provide thought leadership as we navigate the surprises and course corrections inherent to hardware programs. This position is on the hardware team, focused on firmware programs.
In this role, you will:
Be the single program & project owner for several critical initiatives. Examples of one this person may do includes;
- Drive the execution of critical firmware programs as they relate to new hardware programs and strategic initiatives.
- Work with engineering leadership, product management and operations to develop robust project plans for complex multi quarter firmware programs. This includes building consensus and ensuring accountability.
- Liaise with our external partners and suppliers to ensure tightly coordinated plans - ensuring we are in sync with each other's plans, deliverables and changes.
- Develop processes and tools to organize execution and track progress.
- Work with stakeholders to keep priorities clear and enable the engineering teams to focus on projects that drive the most business value.
- Communicating broadly to engineering and senior leadership on goals, progress, and process efficiencies.
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience leading firmware teams to deliver highly complex projects with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment.
- An intimate understanding of the life of a software engineer; the tools and stacks but also the motivations and challenges.
- Is able to communicate technical problems and solutions clearly to diverse audiences.
- Operates autonomously in situations of ambiguity with high level direction.
- Has 5+ years of experience specific to firmware (development, project management, etc) and 3+ years of experience in program or project management.
- Plan and coordinate major programs in our mobile application that span many teams and organizations.
- Plan and coordinate major time-bound external commitments.
- Plan, coordinate and drive the development, certification and deployment of our Canada ELD solution.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.