Last updated 23 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and gnarliest tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is changing its focus to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Support Engineers work directly with our customers to help unlock the potential in teams around the globe by troubleshooting, debugging, and answering questions about our products.
- Resolution of customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Communication to customer base through necessary means to resolve application issues
- Enable replication and debugging of issues to verify product related bugs
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- You will help improve and streamline internal processes to make our work operationally efficient
- Development work targeted towards actively preventing customer pain
- Perform case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- Always monitor queue health and identify ways to proactively address trends
- Need to be strong in written and spoken communication as well as business acumen
- Always be seeking to be precise with communication and actions
- Participate with the team to define new methods and system changes to improve the customer service level, reduce overall resolution times, and improve team efficiency and quality
- Can look at the active tickets, inbound queue, and internal meetings and plan their day/week so they give themselves the time they need for long periods of research, customer calls, ticket recaps, etc.
More about you
- Exposure to Java environment troubleshooting
- Experience working with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS)
- Drive to be the champion for the customer, and a lack of patience for delay or lack of urgency
- Focus on customer success and team support first
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies as required
- Demonstrated ability to detect and diagnose complex and critical technical issues effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated experience with one or more Application Servers (e.g: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, etc...)
- Strong Operating Systems knowledge (e.g: Linux, OSX, Windows)
- Extensive database and SQL experience
- Strong networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 5+ years technical support experience OR 5+ years sysadmin employment history in a similar product environment
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.