|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Managed Rooms & Devices we deliver intelligent services around devices used in shared and personal spaces. In our highly entrepreneurial team we boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances. As a growing, well-funded team, have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, and grow within our organization. If you join us you will work in a highly collaborative team that is run on the principles of individual ownership and universal approachability. We are working in a growing space, so you have the ability to shape your area of development and learn.
Learn more about how Microsoft has deployed Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Teams Rooms internally to more than 4,000 meeting rooms around the globe and how Microsoft is using the integrated meeting solution to reshape the collaborative environment into a simple, consistent, and reliable experience for thousands of employees.
We're looking for seasoned Engineering Managers to build our backend service and surrounding systems. This is a fantastic opportunity for full stack development leads building the full spectrum of Azure services and web/mobile applications. This is also a role that allows you a lot of direct interaction with a very engaged set of customers and provides a lot of room for broadening our horizons with Machine Learning and other new technologies.
- Ultimately responsible for designing and engineering intelligent and modern services for infrastructure hosting.
- Hire, Lead, and Mentor a team of engineers, providing technical and career coaching to help them grow their skills and careers.
- Manage team backlog and dependencies by working closely with partners across the organization.
- Be a thought leader and visionary to help develop the best of the breed products and services.
- Build a mature DevOps team leveraging modern engineering toolset and practices including Agile.
- Drive a customer-focused strategy that leverages experimentation to make the right long-term product trade-offs.
- Participate in and contribute initiatives toward building a healthy and inclusive team culture where everyone can participate and contribute in an authentic way.
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of leading software / engineering teams
- Real passion for bringing value and modern solutions
- A love of leading people, building an incredible team, and cultivating a community of inclusion and respect
- Exceptional skill at working across teams and divisions, with a history of building positive partnerships between groups
- The mindset to strive in an agile environment where your work changes rapidly in response to customer feedback and data
- Excellent design and coding skills
- Experience with building automated test suites for unit, acceptance and Q/A testing
- Ability and desire to pick up new platforms and excel on them
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.