|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s HoloLens Hardware Team located in Mountain View; CA is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Electrical Engineer to join the System Validation team.
- You are a detail-oriented person with knowledge of circuit design, data acquisition equipment, and FPGA design.
- You will drive quality in HoloLens by making sure critical test coverage is addressed and navigate large datasets to analyze product behavior.
- You will work in a fast-paced environment to deliver test equipment and validation test coverage, enabling the manufacturing test.
- You will scale our product validation efforts by gathering product requirements, developing tools, and creating automated test systems.
- You will work across disciplines to make hardware, software, and firmware arrive on schedule.
The position requires a willingness to understand the entire breadth of the product, how sub-systems interact with each other and implement tests based on that knowledge. High levels of organization and coordination will be needed to work across disciplines to manage multiple hardware development timelines at once. Throughout the development process the individual will be called upon to learn, enhance and understand challenges that are as unique as our product, innovators are welcome!
- Own the development of validation and test hardware.
- Expertise in schematic entry, design rules for PCB fabrication, DFT, DFM, etc.
- Gather requirements from software developers, electrical engineers, and deliver system architecture and detailed designs.
- Manage internal and external resources to fabricate your designs.
- Build on existing FPGA based projects, with Verilog and Xilinx Vivado tool chain.
- 5 years of experience developing software across a range of technologies.
- S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related.
- Solid understanding of core engineering principles and analysis techniques.
- Board level validation experience
- Experience with RTL design.
- Experience coding in Verilog or System Verilog and other scripting languages.
- Experience in trouble shooting and debugging.
- Knowledge of high-volume consumer electronics test and manufacturing is desired.
- Experience manipulating / analyzing large datasets or scripting software (SQL, JMP, Python, Excel, etc.)
- Development and characterization of data acquisition systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.