|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Finance Integration Manager
At Xbox we believe in our mission of reaching over 2 billion gamers worldwide. Gaming brings people from all walks of life and geographies together – centering them around the thing they love the most – games!
As the gaming industry transforms from a device-centric era to a player-centric era powered by new technology that provides the freedom to play with friends anywhere on any device, Microsoft announced plans to acquire ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Bethesda Softworks, one of the largest, privately held game developers and publishers in the world. Additional details can be found in the Press Release:
We are looking for a Senior Finance Integration Manager to join the Gaming Finance team to support the accounting and finance integration between Microsoft and ZeniMax Media. This will involve partnering with the ZeniMax team to help guide them on all Microsoft accounting and finance requirements.
To thrive in this position, you should:
Have strong functional expertise. The Senior Finance Integration Manager must have a solid understanding of Microsoft’s financial processes, systems, and policies.
Be a connector. The Senior Finance Integration Manager should be skilled at developing and maintaining relationships with key partners across Microsoft and ZeniMax Media.
Put structure around ambiguity. The Senior Finance Integration Manager should thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and rapidly-changing environment and quickly make sense of it.
- Thoughtfully partner with ZeniMax accounting and finance contacts to minimize impact of integration to allow them to keep driving the business forward.
- Become Zenimax subject matter expert on their financial results and product roadmap
- Represent Zenimax in close and forecast review meetings with Xbox CFO
- Create cash forecasting process to ensure that the needs of both Microsoft and ZeniMax are met
- Partner and coordinate monthly financial transmit process between ZeniMax and Microsoft for financial reporting
- Identify MSFT internal controls and processes that must be implemented at Zenimax and create workflows to clearly communicate expectations
- Identify and protect what is great at ZeniMax and bring it back to Microsoft
- Lead special projects supporting Xbox Finance as needed
- 8+ years of demonstrated financial analysis work experience, preferably in the entertainment industry (video games, movies, music, interactive entertainment)
- Very strong spreadsheet competency with Excel required. Knowledge of MS Finance tools (e.g., MS Sales, Mercury, Nexus) is a significant asset. Knowledge of Oracle a plus.
- Very strong interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of levels of personnel. Deep commitment to building strong partnerships is required.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities.
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting. An MBA or CPA is highly valued.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.