|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to join a fast paced team delivering industry leading wireless products? Microsoft’s Surface is looking for a talented individual to join the Antenna team to simulate and design antennas to enable leading edge industrial designs/products and ensure excellent radiated performance. You will work with multi-function product development teams where you will work cross group with mechanical engineers, material scientists, electrical engineers, RF engineers, Industrial designers and program managers to deliver antennas that integrate into hardware devices.
- Design antenna for RF and mmWave communication systems
- Responsible for design, fabrication and test of antennas
- Interacting with radio design engineers and internal end customers
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Physics with focus on Antenna’s or Electromagnetics
- 5+ years of development experience in Antenna design or Electromagnetics including experience in designing and shipping antennas for consumer electronic devices.
- Proficiency with one or more 3D EM simulation tools such as HFSS, CST.
- Master's degree or higher in Physics or Antenna Related degrees
- Experience with designing antennas for consumer electronic devices (e.g. GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular) to meet product specification.
- Proficiency in basic RF concepts such as impedance matching, smith chart, transmission line theory.
- Understanding of Maxwell’s equations & wave propagation.
- Familiarity with at least one RF circuit simulation tools such as Optenni Lab, ADS, Genesys etc.
- Familiarity with antenna prototyping tools and techniques.
- Experience with efficiency, radiation pattern and Over the Air (OTA) measurements for Wi-Fi, BT, Cellular, GPS, etc. using anechoic / reverberation chambers.
- Hands on capability with Lab Equipment such as Network Analyzers
- Understanding of antenna radiation pattern and antenna isolation optimization and proven ability with troubleshooting antenna issues.
- Detail oriented, data driven, ability to learn quickly and desire to work in a fast pace but highly rewarding environment.
- Demonstrated capability of working in a team environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.