|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to contribute to Azure Growth and Adoption in the market? Do you want to impact the business and help drive Azure to be the market leader in the cloud? Do you like to work in a fast-paced environment where business innovation and engineering excellence is at the core of our culture? Are you a great leader, awesome coder, have strong design skills, and have the desire and ability to work in a full stack development environment? If you have answered a resounding YES for all the above, then the Azure Global Sovereign Engineering team is for you!
Our team’s mission is to grow the business by building software that keeps our enterprise promises of high availability, resiliency, data management, security and compliance across the entire suite of Azure services, with a special focus on government clouds. We leverage data to derive insights and drive new market opportunities for broader Azure global expansion across new geographies & regions and industries in public & private sectors.
- Build deep domain expertise on global infrastructure deployment technology and processes
- Architect, design, and implement cloud services in collaboration with teammates.
- Design services with a strong focus on high availability and scalability, robustness, and observability.
- Grow and mentor a team of developers.
- Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience building and releasing cloud services
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- Proven success in Management and Leadership Roles
- Strong design, implementation and testing skills
- Experience developing on cloud platforms (i.e. AWS, Azure) in a continuous delivery environment
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across disciplines and teams
- Ability to provide technical leadership to other developers
- Passion for delivering customer impact and value
- Experience with Angular, Node.js and/or similar frontend development languages and tool
- Be experienced in driving large strategic and complex or ambiguous projects that span organizations, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies
- Have immense intellectual curiosity, and a high threshold to work within highly complex and ambiguous situations
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.