|Location:||Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Los Angeles, California, New York, New York, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, United States, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they cannot achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Global Black Belt Cloud Native Specialist is a senior solution sales professional within our enterprise sales organization with a special focus on App Development workloads. As a Global Black Belt Cloud Native Specialist, you will be a trusted advisor and a cloud application development subject matter expert. You will drive engagement with stakeholders both in and outside IT. You will be seen as the leader of your global virtual team responsible for geographic resource management and execution across technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, to win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Azure application and developer services sales and usage/consumption targets in your accounts.
A Global Black Belt Cloud Native Specialist engages in executive conversation both in and outside IT to provide customers with insights and solutions leveraging the Microsoft Cloud Platform and Developer Services offerings that drive business transformation through key technologies enabling Cloud Native App Development workloads in Azure. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based application development technologies.
- You will be the key techincal sales leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, build and transform new markets and lead transformational shifts in our customers. You will lead and challenge customer with clear strategic vision of digital transformation, orchestrate and lead Microsoft team to win App Modernization, Cloud Native Apps and Application Platform solution sales opportunities. Develop, communicate and provide high business impact solutions that enable digital transformation. [~50% of time]
- Being a leader of the sales opportunity team, disciplined in business-management you will build a strong and active business network to meet & exceed sales targets and operational standards. Your time will be spent on helping win cloud application development opportunities by demonstrating strong subject matter expertise in the application development space including web, mobile, serverless, containers, microservices, Application Platform etc. and by positioning Azure as the platform of choice. You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services and help identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented. [~30% of time]
- You will influence the App Modernization, Cloud Native apps and Application Platform go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter. You will maintain and develop a positive Customer and Partner Experience (CPE). You will stay sharp, share your knowledge and learn practices from others. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. [~20% of time]
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Global/International experience to lead multi-cultural diverse and remote teams.
- Leadership and confidence required to challenge customer status quo.
- Deep understanding of key competitive technologies and/or specific industries
- Talent and skill to influence and motivate global virtual teams and other valuable stakeholders.
- The ability to articulate the advantages of Microsoft technologies to C-Level and senior business decision makers
- Experienced. At least 5 years’ experience in sales/sales management/sales operations/business strategy/technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting required.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, written, and verbal communication skills
- Executive Presence. Proven experience engaging with senior level executives
- Able to work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field, Microsoft partners, and Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing required.
- Experience with enterprise cloud architecture and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management. Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:
- Scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. AKS, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, etc.), microservice frameworks etc.
- DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub) preferred.
- Competitive landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms
- Deep understanding of key competitive technologies and/or specific industries. The ability to articulate the advantages of Microsoft technologies to C-Level and senior business decision makers. Execute a solution sales process that adds value to customers through commercial teaching in order to win the business and establish yourself as a trusted advisor preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.