|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on world class Identity platform that powers over 1 million apps?
The Azure Identity Division is out to revolutionize application development. In our cloud-first, mobile-first world, almost everything about application architecture has changed. Identity is the new common denominator: it is the thread that ties users, applications, data, and organizations together. We have a big vision, and we’re looking for like-minded engineers who are passionate about delivering value to developers, enjoy a growth hacking environment, and are eager to be part of one of the fastest growing businesses in Microsoft.
Our team develops authentication libraries across all popular platforms. Microsoft apps like Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel, Teams, Authenticator etc. and thousands of 3rd party applications use these libraries for SSO and secure access to resources in the cloud. The team embraces open source and aims to meet developers where they are at by innovating on the latest technologies.
This position offers an opportunity to do highly visible work that deeply impacts Microsoft core businesses and requires collaboration with open source and open standards communities. You will have opportunity to learn about authentication protocols and standards, cross-platform development, API design, telemetry and customer focus. We need someone who is hands-on, detail-oriented, and obsessed with building a world-class developer and user experiences.
- Design and develop features that enable a great developer experience, which in turn will create delightful customer experiences
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
- Engage with customers through open source, to deliver features that meet actual customer needs.
- Improve test coverage for libraries, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas
- Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when code is ready to be shared and delivered
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
- Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach.
- 2+ years of professional experience developing client software on one or more of the following platforms: Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows.
- A proven track record of delivering features and driving requirements and implementation across teams.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math or relevant engineering field
- Experience designing and developing on Android/Apple platforms
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.