|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs has an immediate opening for an experienced attorney to join HR Legal’s US Immigration Team. The US Immigration team provides legal and strategic US immigration counsel to HR and Microsoft businesses worldwide, drives immigration compliance, and supports the immigration needs of foreign national employees and their families. The attorney in this role will advise a business within Microsoft on all US immigration matters. The attorney will have an ability to positively impact the lives of Microsoft’s foreign employees in the US, while helping our businesses achieve their most important strategic goals by bringing the best talent to Microsoft.
- As part of a team of attorneys, develop and implement immigration legal strategies for Microsoft
- Provide strategic legal advice to HR partners and foreign national employees regarding US immigration issues, including H-1B, L-1, TN, PERM labor certification, immigrant visa petitions (Multinational Managers, Outstanding Researchers and Extraordinary Ability) and Adjustment of Status applications
- Oversee the preparation and filing of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications
- Provide strategic direction to HR partners on workforce planning, job changes and employer obligations relating to immigration document requirements
- Serve as a legal partner to the business by understanding business needs and working to find solutions that meet those needs
- JD, outstanding academic credentials and an active license to practice law in the US
- 5+ years’ experience as a practicing attorney, preferably in a high-volume business immigration practice with mid/large technology clients, and specifically working on the following types of matters: H-1B, L-1, TN, PERM labor certifications, immigrant visa petitions including Multinational Managers, Outstanding Researchers and Extraordinary Ability, and Adjustment of Status applications
- Outstanding analytical, writing, and oral communication skills effective with both lawyers and non-lawyers
- Sound and practical business judgment, ability to think strategically, and desire to establish a “trusted advisor” relationship with key business clients
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations
- Ability to solve problems with a focus on achieving results that benefit our business as well as the business of our customers and partners
- Desire and ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to collaborate and partner effectively with others as a member of a legal services team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.