|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the Azure Cosmos DB team, part of Azure Data. We believe that building a globally distributed database service with limitless elastic scale from the ground-up which addresses the fundamental pain-points of developers, is an opportunity of a lifetime. If you share the same dream as us, come join us! In Cosmos DB, we are constantly seeing to apply the best ideas from distributed systems, database, machine learning, information retrieval, networking, and security.
Azure Cosmos DB team is looking for an exceptional leader and cross-team collaborator to take the Cosmos DB service forward. As a principal PM you will define product vision for your area, drive partner and customer interactions and distill the priorities and the roadmap for the product. We are looking for people with deep empathy for customers, great curiosity and willingness to question, high enthusiasm, integrity, and that are results oriented. You love the next problem, next experiment and have a deep desire to work collaboratively while solving tough and ambiguous customer and business challenges. You are able to distill technical strategy from industry trends, customer signals, and our unfair advantage, and then create clarity for the engineering team to execute. You have technical strength to guide engineering team on exact scope and implementation tradeoffs.
- Drive the strategy for the next wave of innovations in Cosmos DB
- Guide engineering team towards the north star
- Drive execution to land major improvements on time
- Work across Azure teams to land integrated solutions leveraging Cosmos DB
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 8+ years of Product Management, Solution Architect, or Application Development or related experience
- Ability to operate at principal levels of the company, develop key processes and procedures that facilitate management of the business, and build successful relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally to help drive results
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to successfully drive cross-functional stakeholder consensus and action planning
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, and demonstrated ability to influence senior managers to achieve consensus and drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in high pressure / fast paced environments and consistently delivering on expectations
- Strong technical background, knowledge of databases and distributed systems.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.