|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for security and excited about protecting over 1 billion customers and making the cyber world a safe place sound? Do you have what it takes to be part of the premier cyber security response team in the world?
This role may be your opportunity. Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) is looking for motivated and experienced security professionals to join us. There are few places in Microsoft that have a direct impact on as many customers as our Crisis Response Team where you will coordinate response to the most critical security issues facing the company and our customers.
When you read in the news about hackers; when the integrity of our products is at stake; or when a zero-day exploit is being used to attack customers, the Crisis Response team works across Microsoft to rapidly defend Microsoft and its customers against these threats.
The opportunity for leadership that accompanies this individual contributor position is unique. You will regularly connect with the most senior leaders at Microsoft up to and including the CEO. You will manage and lead all parties involved in cyber security incidents, make key risk decisions, and inform executive leadership in an overall effort to help protect customers, make our products and services more secure, and protect our brands.
You will regularly lead security incidents and make high-stakes decisions with executive visibility and company-wide impact on extremely short timelines, often with limited information. Excellent communications, strong interpersonal awareness, attention to detail, and the ability to foster cooperation and trust across teams are key to success in this role.
You will need excellent program management and organizational skills for synthesizing information, solving complex response problems, and working effectively during uncertainty while managing your own stress. A solid understanding of Microsoft cloud technologies and products, especially as they relate to security, is helpful but not required.
- 7+ years of overall professional work experience in a Technology related field with a demonstrated track record of solving complex problems through influence and strong organizational skills.
- 3+ years of security experience in cyber incident response, software vulnerability management, secure coding (SDL), penetration testing, red teaming, security operations, or security assurance.
- An ability to organize your work, and the work of others, while under pressure and maintaining a professional image and approach.
- The ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in-writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- One or more of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience with large scale and complex cyber security incidents of all types, including malware compromise, adversary investigations, malicious insider, web application attacks, and data breach.
- Experience in leading incidents and/or projects through the entire lifecycle while maintaining strong situational awareness and communication with direct stakeholders and leadership.
- Deep foundational knowledge in one or more information technology relate fields that includes Microsoft cloud services, modern authentication services, PKI, system administration, software development, networking, or security architecture.
- Working knowledge of modern security related subjects and trends such as threat hunting and modeling, digital forensics, reverse engineering, phishing, and penetration testing.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.