|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Edge team is in a period of a rare and exciting opportunity. The browser space is ripe for innovation and has renewed emphasis from Microsoft leadership. We are looking for team members to help us shape the future of the web and build a browsing experience that addresses the latest challenges of the internet. Edge is already the most frequently used Microsoft application on Windows 10 but we have a long way to go to reach our goals. Come join us and help us build a great product and a great team culture.
The Fundamentals GPM will drive vision, execution and evangelism for performance and reliability, ensuring Edge meets the highest expectations and needs for our customers. The GPM will also be responsible for leading telemetry and data engineering, ensuring our customer’s privacy rights are protected while enabling clear and actionable insight into product health and behavior. Finally, this GPM will oversee global distribution and updates to Edge on over 1B customer devices across multiple platforms.
As the GPM for our team, you will partner closely with senior management, engineering, and marketing leaders from across Edge and the company to understand customer needs and ensure their needs are met.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership: Work with the leadership team to define and communicate the Edge Fundamentals strategy. Drive initiatives and provide thought leadership to ensure that Edge is the fastest and most stable browser choice for all customers. Represent and communicate shared vision across the team and with stakeholders across the company.
- Product Definition: Lead a team of Program Managers in defining investments we will make in performance, reliability, distribution, and telemetry.
- Partner with Engineering Managers: Work closely with the Fundamentals Engineering Managers to deliver experiences and be accountable for the results.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Planning and Execution: Ability to think holistically and strategically. Leverage understanding of engineering rhythm so that the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and decision making happens at the right levels on the team. Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex technical products.
- Communication: Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with senior business and technical decision makers inside and outside Microsoft. Conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey those thoughts to others in a clear, effective and motivating manner.
- Collaboration: Strong collaborator able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoft.
- Cultural Leadership: Proven ability to lead cultural initiatives, having positive impact on team morale and fostering an environment of inclusion.
- Microsoft Values: As a member of the Edge LT, candidates must be excellent representatives of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles.
- Judgement: Excellent business and technical judgment. Consistent demonstrating executive maturity and intellectual curiosity, helping the team pursue the best ideas.
Required qualifications for this role:
- 15+ years of program management / technical product management experience
- 5+ years of experience managing people
- Track record of building high functioning teams, including recruiting and retaining diverse talent
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
- Experience building software products with diverse engineering teams and stakeholders.
Below are additional skilllsets and qualifications that are applicable to this role and may be an asset to the team, however are not required:
- Experience with various aspects of browser and OS performance and reliability is a plus
- Experience with large-scale telemetry and data analysis is a plus
- Experience with AI/Machine Learning
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.