|Location:||Irving, Texas, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you love creating and deploying comprehensive solutions to solve significant global business problems? Are you a seasoned, energetic product leader with strong business acumen? Do you thrive in a global environment filled with ambiguity and adventure? Are you ready to make significant and measurable impact in support of Microsoft Services?
To support our focus on optimizing employee and customer experience, productivity and cost, Service Center Operations Engineering is looking to hire a qualified Product Planner to collaborate with Product Managers to create, deploy, and iterate world class internal and external services. In this hands-on role, you will actively lead and drive service design and implementation while simultaneously driving comprehensive product planning across a broad portfolio of deployed services and exciting new opportunities. You will partner with global stakeholders to develop efficient, effective global services in support of thousands of field employees and external customers. You will rapidly become and be regarded as an expert in both your portfolio of work and the relevant business context.
Your role will have two primary areas of focus: direct oversight of product management projects, and comprehensive product planning for the organization. For product management projects you will work closely with Product Managers and be accountable for guiding an existing service or a new business case through the entire lifecycle (ideation to deployment to retirement). This includes support for: building and representing the business case in front of senior leadership, defining detailed requirements and effort estimates, locking scope and creating bill of materials, executing on plans and creating intellectual property, launch and deployment support, and the continuous improvement of the services in your portfolio.
In a product planning capacity, you will be responsible for developing relationships, influencing strategy and gathering feedback from a diverse set of stakeholders and sources, analyzing strategic direction with practical means of making an impact, and leading the effort to set priority and direction for a portfolio of products within the Service Center scope. Activities span high level, forward thinking initiatives to shape the Service Center business as well as a set of detail-oriented efforts that drive efficiency and effectiveness of the product offering.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader and product evangelist with an eye for operational design and an understanding of what it takes to delight and engage our customers (Microsoft customers, Sellers, Customer Success Account Managers , Delivery Managers, etc.). You are able to immerse yourself into a project, often in an ambiguous environment, and deliver results. You are naturally curious and passionate about customer needs; analytical, numbers driven, and work effectively in a distributed environment. You can easily connect and partner with cross organizational stakeholders at all levels. You can develop strategies and take the lead on major initiatives to drive large impact across the Services business. Having prior experience in Microsoft Support and/or Consulting services is a significant advantage.
- Formulate objectives aligned with the business needs between a complex set of contributors and stakeholders
- Regularly engage with key stakeholders to identify needed service changes and opportunities for new services
- Document and follow-up on requirements
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and proactively propose viable new services for consulting, support, or sales
- Analyze existing services looking for opportunities to improve customer experience or raise cost efficiency/effectiveness
- Define and measure adoption targets and results throughout the service lifecycle
- Prioritize stakeholder requirements and control scoping as the service is planned
- Define and own budget requirements and ROI analysis
- Understand how a service interacts with existing business processes and how proposed changes impact user workflows
- Make ethical business and managerial decisions based on good business practices and integrity which builds trust within the team
- Build a comprehensive roadmap of Service Center products that covers near term defined needs, and projected customer needs into the future
- Develop and maintain a service architecture that transcends the product portfolio, bringing a wide group of stakeholders together to consistently execute at a high performance level
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, requirements for operational, program, or service improvements or new services
- Provide oversight for the definition and execution of a cohesive global strategy related to a specific service or set of services, collaborating as needed across regions, service areas, and functions
- Create or enhance processes including exploring automation for assigned services
- Define clear metrics of business success that each service can be managed against
- Successfully deliver projects on time working with global, cross-functional teams
- Build clear and persuasive communications at every stage: pitching a prospective service, building a charter, training trainers, and creating field ready communications
- Present service pitch collateral to field, stakeholders and leadership
- Be an effective presenter that speaks and listens to the intended audience
- Liaise between delivery, reporting, training and business owners to ensure clear communication, understanding of service offerings and ultimately, project success
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work culture through your open and honest communication style
- Retain management of service experience throughout the lifecycle receiving feedback and making necessary improvements, drive maintenance and problem resolution, as required
- Validate projects after deployment to ensure they meet all operational and business requirements
- BS/BA or equivalent experience, preferably in Business, Operations, or Finance discipline
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management and/or process design in operations, sales, consulting or other business functions. 2+ years in a product leadership role is a plus.
- 4+ years in sales, presales or delivery with enterprise customers
- Proven track record for delivering great customer experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience managing executive stakeholders
- Passionate about achieving results through influencing others, making timely decisions while considering needed trade-offs, negotiating conflicts, as needed
- Experience using data and metrics to support assumptions and develop convincing business cases; ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Competency with all phases of project management, particularly as it relates to product planning, including gathering requirements, issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status; able to keep multiple projects going across a variety of phases
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, such as product management, engineering, UI, UX, consulting, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
Location/Travel: Flexible location. Depending on working hours, work from home arrangements are available. Routine travel is expected to be minimal; international travel in support of projects and organizational alignment will be occasional (<25%).
Work Hours: This opportunity requires significant collaboration with worldwide stakeholders; especially in the Americas. Most daily commitments occur during US business hours, with some exceptions. Schedules will be flexible to support work-life balance and specific project/program needs.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.