|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. The Minecraft team is looking for a producer to lead, evolve, and drive development of systems engineering efforts. Specifically, these are efforts such as build infrastructure, developer operations, developer support, and automated test infrastructure.
We are looking for a seasoned technical program manager who has worked with engineering teams to create a high-quality developer environment. This role is looking for someone who will bring definition to complex technology projects and are adept at navigating ambiguous spaces. This role is also hands-on program and project management. Technical expertise and attention to detail is used to identify risks, drive development with predictability, and challenge how we work to continuously improve. Relationships and teamwork are important to inspire and lead the teams to deliver their best work. Being pro-active and fearless are essential for this role. We are passionate about our product and looking to maintain that energy across our team.
- Drive definition and alignment of technology initiatives and projects with key stakeholders and teams.
- Champion and evangelize efforts of the team throughout the organization.
- Create schedules and milestones for technology initiatives and projects; Ensure teams understand goals and manage delivery through all phases of development.
- Drive definition of new technology systems and features to help developers work more efficiently.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across the organization to ensure timely delivery.
- Partner with Minecraft’s senior engineering leadership to improve systems and process.
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into fires.
- 8+ years of experience as a program manager, producer or related experience. Proven track record of successfully managing technical initiatives.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field. Professional experience as software engineer desired.
- Ability to work in a multi-studio environment and on cross-discipline teams.
- Proven ability to plan, create and maintain a highly effective production schedule for multiple disciplines in all phases of development, from concept to completion.
- Ability to embrace ambiguity, take action, and enjoy evolving a space.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be a master at conflict resolution. Be comfortable presenting and demonstrating products for large and small audiences.
- Be a process architect. The processes we use need to be light and minimalistic, but effective.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and results driven.
- Capable of balancing a project’s production requirements within budget and staff limitations while ensuring high production values are never compromised.
- Ability to work remote
- Chinese (Mandarin) language skills a bonus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.