|Location:||Reston, Virginia, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Federal Overview:
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer. This organization is a first-of-its-kind for Microsoft, bringing together the expertise, knowledge, and insights across our teams. All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella, bringing the breadth and depth of our expertise into razor-sharp focus on serving the U.S. Federal Government.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its people in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
We aspire to...
Deliver the best technology to enable mission-critical work
Support fast-paced innovation with the U.S. Federal Government
Drive focused, thoughtful, end-to-end delivery tailored to unique customer needs
Continuously advance security processes within our long-standing engagement approach
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means:
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
M365 is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible productivity and security suite of products today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate professionals with multi-disciplinary cloud technology experience to join our team as a Chief Architect within the Microsoft Federal Customer Success organization. The Chief Architect will be a key and strategic partner across the business, become a trusted advisor and business partner to the broader Industry team operating at highest levels of the company. The Chief Architect will lead technical solutions engagement, architecture, and internal technical orchestration as well as shape technical solutions for our customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical discussions with Senior Executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management, and Developers to drive solutions.
- Understand customers’ Modern Work and Security posture, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions in the M365 suite of products
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, align to the customer's mission and enable modern work scenarios to ensure long term technical viability and infusing key technologies where appropriate
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers and relevant business decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of the Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Product/Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of cloud platforms and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through collaboration with Customer Success Manager adoption plans
- Collaborate with peers and MS stakeholders.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on Microsoft products and services.
- Recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches and business cases around strategic partnerships with Microsoft Teams Platform and overall M365 Platform.
- Be an evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Professional Experience
- 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Good business acumen to quickly understand the customer’s industry and business to have relevant discussions with business decision makers.
- Ability to understand customer business and provide thought leadership to the customer on how technology can aid the business processes
- Understanding of one or more domain areas of federal government (e.g. Healthcare, Financial etc.)
- Collaboration and Communication.
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist)
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with SaaS solutions, identity and security-based solutions
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends
- Competitive Landscape
- Knowledge of M365 competitors and experience in competitive wins in the office of CIO/CEO
- Understanding of partner ecosystem and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following cloud solutions:
Microsoft Endpoint Manager
Azure Active Directory
Azure Identity Protection
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field experience preferred
Additional training or education in business
A Plus if You Have Knowledge or Experience In:
Prior work experience in a consulting/architecture design and review
Federal Industry experience
Travel: Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position requires approximately 25% overnight travel if you reside or are willing to relocate within commuting distance to the work. This position may require up to 75% overnight travel if you are not within commuting distance to the work.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.