|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Digital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE) is an organization within CSEO that is responsible for delivering secure and available information security services that drive innovation and business value. DSRE’s vision is to ensure all information and services are protected, secured, and available. \
DSRE’s Security Intelligence & Engineering organization is focused on delivering specialized security capabilities and actionable intelligence through hyper-scale engineering. The organization brings together software engineers, data engineers, program managers, and intelligence specialists to help reduce security risk to Microsoft, enhance protection, detection, and response, and prioritize business decisions.
DSRE is looking for an experienced program leader to be our Director of Microsoft Federal Security Programs.
The primary responsibilities of the role include establishing policies and standards for environments built for customers, leading the design and development of identity and security operations and controls, measuring the effectiveness of controls, and attesting to the various compliance obligations required by the business. Key security functions include Governance, Risk and Compliance; Security monitoring and incident response; Identity and Access Management; Vulnerability Management; and Security Assurance. This role will also require engagement with government agency customers as well as close partnerships with the engineering teams at Microsoft responsible for building government customer platforms and services.
The successful candidate will have experience developing and leading enterprise scale security programs. You will need to demonstrate a deep understanding of the needs of government customers and how those needs can be met at scale. The ideal candidate must be able to influence without authority, drive strong alignment across multiple teams, and make a strong business case for features and functionality that will enhance the program and reduce risk to the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of work experience as a program manager/leader in a security-related domain, or equivalent leadership experience.
- Experience in serving government customers.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Experience running a similar program across a large, global, complex organization.
- Excellent understanding of security risk and principles used to prioritize and manage risk across a large enterprise.
- Experience translating strategic business direction into engineering features.
- Extensive business acumen and the ability to make value-based investment decisions.
- Ability to lead in an agile development environment.
- Create, support and deliver executive presentation materials and customer-ready content.
- Excellent ability to work with technical and non-technical teams to achieve program goals.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Extensive leadership skills with excellent communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Ability to influence others without authority.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
-Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.