|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Director, Mixed Reality Product Integrity
Innovative. Entrepreneurial. Successful. Passionate. If these are words you would use to describe yourself, then the Microsoft Mixed Reality team in Mountain View, CA is a great fit for you. We are an industry leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing in mixed reality field that is looking for a senior leader with a passion for people and technology. You will create and lead a Product Integrity engineering team responsible for ensuring that Product meet all the industry standard and customer expectation.
Microsoft MR team is dedicated to creating next generation experiences that would blur the line between real and virtual world which are the best expression of the Microsoft’s mission of empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Product Integrity team innovates and develops test requirements for products across the Mixed reality devices portfolio.
As the Director for Product Integrity, you will take critical role in bringing new Technologies to life, bringing industry best practices by implementing new process and test methodologies for Mixed reality product lines. Product integrity team is responsible for Safety, EMC, Reliability, Power consumption, HW/SW validation and provide technical support to 3rd party product partner.
As part of the Microsoft Mixed Reality Product Integrity organization, you will be responsible for bringing in industry best practices in designing and integrating next generation of technologies into the products. The job provides an opportunity to:
- Work with some of the top minds in the industry and impact the technology choices and strategies for Microsoft Mixed Reality Product
- Work in the Product Integrity engineering team of world class hardware and software professionals, who work closely with MR HW design, Technology and SW teams.
- Be part of an engineering culture focused execution on excellence and quality, innovation, and continuous learning.
- Leading a team of managers and engineers who will be responsible for ensuring that product meets the reliability, regulatory and user experience requirements for different functional areas: Safety, EMC, Reliability, Power consumption and technologies (Optics, Display, Sensors, Camera, Audio, Wireless, Battery), across the Mixed Reality product line and help define new product categories.
- Work Closely with Architecture and Technology teams to define the validation requirements and features for next generation of Mixed Reality products.
- Build and lead team that will define system level test requirements and debug issues.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional hardware and software engineering teams.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the cross functional partner teams.
- Manage engineers and help them develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
- Acquiring and developing talent and ensuring the overall team health
Competencies and qualifications
We are looking for the following competencies and qualifications in a candidate:
- Passionate about people and org leadership: You should have 15+ years of experience managing multi-disciplinary teams. This role will set clear decision-making process and accountability for the team to achieve goals and commitments. In order to be successful, you will need to show a strong commitment to people development.
- Build high performance Teams and Infrastructure: Our ideal candidate is a proven leader with a passion for building teams and test infrastructure from scratch.
- Hardware, Software, & Services: Our ideal candidate will boast a proven ability to lead across multiple functional areas to deliver products that incorporate hardware, software and services.
- Collaboration: You should show a proven ability to work with cross-groups, delivering products and services for a global market, partnering with development teams based around the world.
- 15+ years of experience focusing on product validation – preferably with experience throughout the product lifecycle, from initial design to final product delivery
- Demonstrated experience leading by influencing and working effectively cross-group
- MS in computer engineering, electrical engineering or related discipline
- Experience supporting, coaching, mentoring, and developing engineers.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping Complex Products (HW and SW)
- Experience in managing managers.
- Experience Leading teams for consumer products
- Experience of working with 3rd party labs, regulatory bodies and familiarity with Standard bodies
- Overall understanding of consumer product development cycle
- Overall understanding of Reliability, HW/SW test methodologies and processes involved with Product design
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.