|Job Type:||Full Time|
Help us build an inclusive Microsoft web! Web Experience Collective (WXC) is a design and research team working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, maps, advertising, and news. We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place for every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you. This is an opportunity to lead emerging consumer web experiences that will delight and engage with millions of customers across the globe.
In this role you will help steer our collective effort to reimagine the web across Search, Browser, Maps, Ads, and News experiences. You will define product strategy and work collaboratively with design, research, and engineering teams to translate this strategy into real-world product experiences that delight our customers while delivering business success.
We’re seeking a highly motivated, talented, and engaged design leader with proven experience to energize multidisciplinary teams with passion and energy, not afraid to take big bets and hone them through iteration and direct customer connection.
- Lead the team with clarity and energy, driving successful execution of design across new web experiences at Microsoft
- Drive consumer and enterprise offerings in close partnership with cross-Microsoft teams
- Uphold a consistent voice, tone, look, and feel to end-to-end product scenarios aligned to the broader Microsoft 365 design system
- Working within a clear design process to drive clarity and accountability throughout the product funnel and lifecycle, iterating based on metrics and user feedback
- Stimulate a design culture where we continue to retain and attract diverse design talent
- Bring customer obsession into product thinking, championing inclusive experiences and acting as the voice of the customer
- Advocate for design with cross-business senior leadership
- Work alongside user researchers to connect with customers, generate insights, coordinate research efforts, interpret results and incorporate learnings
Note: this is a senior leadership role requiring proven experience driving innovative consumer and/or enterprise solutions, with extensive knowledge in human-centered design and demonstrable experience leading teams and designing experiences for complex system interactions.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as a design manager or equivalent role
- Industry design leader with demonstrated organizational leadership capabilities
- Experience in the design of a consumer or enterprise experiences on web platforms, with an emphasis on conceptual, visual, interaction, design and strategy
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), excellent presentation skills
- Ability to design around roadblocks and an aptitude to deliver solutions rather than compromises, taking into account challenges of different layers of the product funnel
- A propensity to lead and inspire both their own teams as well as peers across large organizations
- Ability to understand the array of technical constraints (high-level understanding of web technologies), user goals and business requirements that shape a product
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently with Program / Product Management, Engineering, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing and Usability
- Proficiency with Figma, Photoshop and Illustrator with a good understanding of rapid prototyping platforms
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Architecture or equivalent
- A portfolio review will be required for all candidate interviews
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.