|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does protecting over 1 billion people and making the world a safer place sound exciting? Do you want to help protect customers and the Microsoft cloud from emerging threats to privacy and security? This may be the opportunity for you.
The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) is looking for an exceptional Senior Security PM (Program Manager) Manager to help lead the Security Vulnerability Response and Release team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for routinely making decisions that protect our over 1 billion in customers worldwide and ensuring the security of their products and their online experience. You’ll lead a team that manages potential threats and vulnerabilities for Microsoft products, devices and our online services, as well as outreach to the security research community. You will work closely with customers, senior leaders from all products and services across Microsoft, and with security researchers across the globe to act as well as gather and share information to minimize threats against our customers. You will lead some of the most dedicated, innovative and experienced security PMs to focus on the highest impact actions to protect our customers and our services.
- Defining the roadmap and strategy for Microsoft Edge Platform
- Working with web standardization bodies and OSS projects – ECMA, W3C, Node.js etc. to define and evolve the web platform and its components
- Improving the fundamentals of the platform
- Creating feature specifications in co-ordination with your feature crew
- Building prototypes and driving architectural design
- Work cross-team with Azure, Office, Bing, Xbox, HoloLens, and large external Software Makers
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the software development field
- 5 years’ experience managing a team of security, software engineering, or other technology professionals
- Unwavering passion for our customers
- Technical and cybersecurity experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, team building, mentoring, and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
- Strong domain knowledge on security vulnerabilities and security incidents
- Proven ability to drive strategic change across teams
- Proven leadership in a demanding environment with high operational tempo
- Experience making risk management decisions while maintaining a positive cross-group relationship
- Executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating with Microsoft customers, industry leaders, and the vulnerability research community is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.