|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy software development and working directly with customers?Are you excited aboutapplying your expertiseacrossa broad spectrum of domains includingAzure,Dynamics365,PowerPlatform, andM365?Do you want toleadan organizationof likemindedBusiness Applications and Modern Workengineersto advance Microsoft capabilities?
TheCommercial Software Engineering (CSE) teamis a global engineering organization that works directly with customerswho arelooking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challengesand transform their industries using cloud-based solutions.We sit side-by-side with our customers to collaboratively innovate custom solutions tailored to solve their challengesandacceleratetheir path to production on the Microsoft Cloud. Wehelp shape the future of our platforms by partnering with our product groups toimprove our customer’s experience, contribute to open source, and make contributions to open source.
As theBusiness Applications and Modern WorkGroup Engineering Manager you will manage global teams ofengineersthat support our CSE customer engagements, and partner with our Microsoft product engineering teams to build assets that de-risk and accelerate customers building on Microsoft cloud.If you enjoy thinking about challenging engineering problems, exploring new technologies and leading others to do the same, CSE would be a great fit for you.
- Manage and grow the global CSEBusiness Applications and Modern Workengineering teams. Grow strong managers that model an inclusive,inspiringand collaborative environment that fosters growth for all engineers in the organization.
- Providetechnical leadership throughoutthe CSEorganization, with the Microsoft Product teams,andwiththe OSS community.
- Collaborate closely with PM to clarify, understand,prioritizeand refine customer requirementsand scenarios.
- Authorarchitecture/component designs, implement code, and debug issues withour customers and broader CSE engineering teams.
- Establisha strong partnershipwith product engineeringleadershiptorepresent customer driven priorities,improvements and enhancementsthat drive and multiply customer success across Microsoft.
- Demonstrate and reinforce an engineering principled approach to all work by organizing engineeringresources, anddefining and driving the engineering plan and schedule.
- Demonstrate your passion for learning, improvement, and drive for high quality through contributions that evolve our engineering process and technical capabilities.
- Proven experience providingtechnicalleadershipin Azure,Dynamics365, Power Platform,andM365with organization-wide impact, showing applied technical competence and durable cross-organization technical collaboration.
- 10+ yearsof softwareengineering experience,building and shipping apps and/or services.
- Proven track record as a strong and effective engineering manager.
- Agile, can-do attitude and great at dealing withambiguity
- Excellent track record of cross team collaboration
- Strongcoding, debugging and problem-solvingskills
- Experience directingteams that aregeographicallydistributed, diverse, andvirtual
- A Bachelor orMaster’sdegree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Enjoy travel and are comfortable with regional travel up to 25%
At Microsoft, we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, you will find a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and personal and cultural experiences which are vital to our success with our customers. It’s an informal and flexible work environment and you’ll be welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health,wellnessand financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.