|Job Type:||Full Time|
343 Industries is searching for a Systems Designer to work on our Sandbox that spans across all of our experiences set in the Halo universe. Our ideal candidate owns a strong understanding of the theory and craft of combat systems design. This individual is responsible for helping design and finely tune weapon, vehicle and player ability experiences among a host of other items. This individual must demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with artists, animators, producers, and others, and possess a strong technical aptitude for gameplay scripting. This person must hold a passion for creating a stellar sandbox shooter experience and have an exceptionally high bar for gameplay quality.
- Implement Weapons/Vehicles/Player Abilities from paper design through ship under the guidance of the Lead Sandbox Designer.
- Script gameplay capabilities such as weapon functionality, vehicle tuning, and player abilities.
- Work closely with all disciplines, such as 3d art, engineering, animation, fx, audio, and quality assurance to ensure cohesive player experience.
- Work closely with engineers to develop and maintain best practices on assigned gameplay systems.
- Playtest and iterate on content to ensure highest quality.
- 3+ years working as a systems designer, developing core mechanics on a 1st/3rd person action title
- Deep understanding of gameplay and game design theories and practices
- Proficient in using game editing software such as Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.
- Experience in using a text based scripting language (C#, LUA, UnityScript, etc.)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Has a love for shooters in general
- Embraces the philosophy that there are multiple effective designs that can fulfill a goal
- Is highly self-motivated and contributes to a positive working environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.