|Location:||Reston, Virginia, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our customers are looking for ways to innovate and disrupt themselves, they are tackling big challenges on meeting the new world of digital services. Microsoft is hiring Chief Architects as trusted advisors to our customers and customer success leadership, to partner closely with engineering and drive change with feedback/requirements from our customers and to drive strategic technology capabilities that help our customers transform. Chief Architects work across the community of peers to identify common customer experiences, bring innovative thinking to customer challenges, advocate within Microsoft for our customers, and inspire, motivate, inform technical field teams. Our Chief Architects think big as they engage internally within Microsoft and externally with our customers and the Federal industry to champion the needs of our customers.
Microsoft is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Data & AI technical architect to collaborate with our customers on priority and key engagements. This is a customer facing role, working with customers to accelerate key engagements focusing on Data and AI capabilities and removing conditions that prevent our customers from leveraging their data and developing insights. They will act as a champion and ally for customers and an advocate for resolving their challenges with engineering. They will engage with internal teams to drive awareness of customers’ feedback and lead, influence and drive resolution of that feedback.
This role is responsible for unlocking customer value by accelerating cloud consumption, and architecting innovative and complex solutions. We are hiring the best Data & AI Chief Architect who can help our customers unlock business value from their data.
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate. A place where they can envision taking their careers to place they simply couldn’t imagine anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world where we can help transform and allow our customers to disrupt themselves before someone else would.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the world. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
- Serve as Microsoft’s executive technical sponsor for strategic customer engagements
- Partner with customer technology leaders, industry leaders and partners and internal key stakeholders
- Drive Data & AI technical capabilities aligned to customer strategy
- Identify, capture, share common customer experiences
- Lead, influence and drive resolution of customer feedback with engineering
- Champion and ally customer experience and feedback to engineering and product groups
- Lead collaboration of peer community and build internal opportunities for shadowing, mentorship, skilling, coaching
- Key contributor in business development and capture efforts
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs
- Deliver on-site technical engagements and deliveries with partners and customers
- Create Data Platform & AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics technologies where appropriate (e.g., SQL Server, Azure Synapse, Azure ML, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Data Factory, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Power BI, etc.)
- Understand and identify broader themes emerging in the federal customers data estate and work with engineering and other internal teams in converting it into opportunities for Microsoft
- 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications and data platforms Required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. Required
- Good business acumen to quickly understand the customer’s industry and business to have relevant discussions with business decision makers.
- Ability to understand customer business and provide thought leadership to the customer on how technology can aid the business processes
- Ability to develop a joint business+technology architecture strategy based on situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations in federal government
- Understanding of one or more domain areas of federal government (e.g. Healthcare, Financial etc.)
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies Required
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientists) Required
- Leadership experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, modern data architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management. Required
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of cloud development platforms, data services in competing cloud platforms and pure play services from ISV
- Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs Preferred
Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following cloud solutions Required
- SQL including OSS (Postgres, MySQL, Maria, etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (, Mongo, Cassandra, Neo4j etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Databricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Data Governance
- Data Engineering
- Data Science with Python, R etc.
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Cognitive Search
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark
- Container orchestration (Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field Preferred
- Certification in one ore more of the following technologies preferred:, databases, data warehousing, big data, business intelligence, data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence Preferred
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle Desired
- US Citizenship Required
- Active TS or higher Security clearance Highly Preferred
- Federal Industry experience Preferred
Travel: Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position requires approximately 25% overnight travel if you reside or are willing to relocate within commuting distance to the work. This position may require up to 75% overnight travel if you are not within commuting distance to the work.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.