|Location:||Reston, Virginia, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key technologies where appropriate
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers and relevant business decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Product/Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of cloud platforms and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with peers and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end enterprise solutions
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on Microsoft products and services
- Recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Mentor, coach, and provide consistent feedback to a diverse team of engineers; train team members on design, best practices, and standardized operations procedures.
- Be an evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Good business acumen to quickly understand the customer’s industry and business to have relevant discussions with business decision makers.
- Ability to understand customer business and provide thought leadership to the customer on how technology can aid the business processes
- Ability to develop a joint business+technology architecture strategy based on situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations in federal government
- Understanding of one or more domain areas of federal government (e.g. Healthcare, Financial etc.)
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist) Required
- Leadership experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management.
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of cloud development platforms
- Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Technical – Cloud Solution Experience
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following cloud solutions required
- Cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies)
- Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management)
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Cognitive Search
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS)
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains, container orchestration systems, databases, big data, business intelligence, data science, machine Learning, and artificial Intelligence
A Plus if You Have Knowledge or Experience In:
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle desired
- Federal Industry experience
Location(s): United States
Travel: Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position requires approximately 25% overnight travel if you reside or are willing to relocate within commuting distance to the work. This position may require up to 75% overnight travel if you are not within commuting distance to the work.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.