|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in joining a startup within Microsoft where you'll have the rare opportunity to create the future of IT management and help drive the company's Modern Workplace initiative? Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD) is an Azure cloud-based SaaS service that delivers all aspects of modern IT management for our customers and blazes new paths into the future. We serve a diverse set of customers ranging from financial institutions, government, and even sports teams. Devices managed by MMD are more secure, more up-to-date, and perform better than traditionally managed devices.
Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD) is a groundbreaking, customer-first offering from the Commercial Management Experiences (CMX) group at Microsoft. We extend the Microsoft Intelligent Cloud platform by leveraging Microsoft identity service (AAD), Microsoft Endpoint Manager service (MEM), device management, endpoint security, and desktop analytics to build a set of global services and operations at scale to create a secure, productive, and turnkey computing environment for enterprises. As MMD is getting rapid adoption, we are looking for a seasoned engineer to join our team to drive engineering infrastructure excellence.
For more about MMD:
As a Senior Software Engineer in this team, you will get an amazing opportunity to demonstrate leadership at both business and technology level. You will be part of a diverse, fast growing and agile team working with a motivated team of engineers and product managers. Our culture is more like a startup – we will do what is necessary to help customers be successful and have fun building meaningful products and services!
- You will lead the technical direction and vision for the architecture, design, and the implementation of core infrastructure that scales to manage millions of devices.
- You will work across organizations, collaborating with internal partner teams such as M365 team, Windows Virtual Desktop team, Microsoft Identity team, and others.
- You will provide leadership for the architecture of secure, distributed, scalable, and resilient services using modern technologies.
- You will help raise the technical bar, maintain a data and results driven culture, and nurture a high-performance team to build world-class experiences for end-users, ITPros, partners, and operations teams.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer/leader designing, implementing, and shipping cloud services or software products
- 5+ years of experience with distributed systems delivering large-scale, secure, and resilient cloud service infrastructure
- Expertise with web or application development with full-stack (micro-service design)
- Interface design with coding proficiency in C#/Java, .NET, Python, Node.js, or equivalent languages/frameworks
- Good software development design, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Passion for mentoring junior engineers
- Ability to generate clarity in ambiguous situations
- Passion for and ability to quickly understand emerging technologies
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Devops models and agile methodologies
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or similar cloud platforms
- Proven track record of strong customer advocate and creative problem solver
- Ability to quickly ramp up, understand complex problems, and create solutions across many products
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.