|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Federal Land Management, Transportation and Logistics business has an immediate opening for an Account Technology Strategist (ATS) in the Washington DC area to cover the Department of Transportation and the Federal Aviation Administration. As the ATS, you will articulate how Microsoft will enable our clients to achieve their business goals and guide the customer through their adoption of Microsoft’s products and services.
At the highest level, the ATS is responsible for engaging with both business and IT decision makers to understand their mission, challenges, architecture and articulate how Microsoft can enable them to achieve their IT and mission goals. They must also understand and influence customer-specific technology requirements, resulting in the adoption of Microsoft solutions in strategic, business, and mission applications. The ATS works closely with the Account Team, coordinating the technical resources in developing and executing the business plan and adoption roadmaps with a team comprised of sales, program management, technical support, delivery consultants and partners.
Candidates should be highly-motivated and have a strong, proven IT leadership background, a passion for solving business problems with technology, and familiarity with the broad range of technical products and solutions including, but not limited to Microsoft’s offerings.
A successful individual in this role should be able to:
- Leverage his/her 200-300 level technical expertise to help effectively drive, assess, and prioritize current and future opportunities while working directly with business and technical leaders and influencers.
- Navigate through large, complex, distributed organizations building strong trusted relationships.
- Drive adoption/consumption of Microsoft cloud services and identification of new opportunities.
- Articulate Microsoft’s Cloud strategy including all facets of our Microsoft Datacenter hosted, hybrid, and on-premises solutions.
- Regularly share the Microsoft Cyber story on-premises and in the Hyperscale Cloud with all levels of the government and to individuals with a variety of technical depth.
- Describe the differentiators between competitive solutions and the Microsoft strategy/roadmap.
- Provide a leadership role in the acquisition process including the ability to lead, project manage and actively contribute to the technical writing process in all phases of Government RFX.
- 7+ years technology sales experience
- Broad knowledge of global enterprise IT architecture, engineering and operations.
- Executive presence with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven technical and leadership experience in the IT industry.
- Demonstrable experience leading teams and projects.
- Demonstrable and proven customer-facing experience
- Excellent business acumen - ideally pre-sales experience or consultative selling.
- Proven ability to develop a vision, strategic plan and execute successfully.
- Ability to manage executive meetings to achieve objectives.
- Strong drive for results and willingness to be accountable for success.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies and strategic directions or a solid understanding of competitive solutions and the ability to quickly gain solid understanding of Microsoft technologies, solutions, and business value.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfuly complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.