|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is focused on making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We’re excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and VS Code and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn. This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers.
Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
The mission of the Cloud Developer Advocacy team is to win the hearts and minds of Developers through authenticity, community, and technical engagement. The Cloud Developer Advocacy team is first and foremost focused on enabling a healthy ecosystem for technical communities to create and build things in the cloud. As a Cloud Developer Advocate, you’ll be instrumental in building a large and vibrant community for Microsoft Azure. You’ll build and nurture great relationships with developers online and in person, create amazing samples and content. and will be focused on winning the hearts and minds of our technical audiences at scale. Our team is diverse and inclusive and reflects that in what we do.
This role can be Remote and/or based in or near any of our offices.
- Create content, blog posts, videos, and code samples for audiences of varying experience levels that demonstrates how to develop, deploy, manage, and scale Azure applications using best practices.
- Champion relevant Azure and Visual Studio Code products and services in your local community at conferences, meetups, coding boot camps, online forums, and social media.
- Network and build relationships with the developers in your local community and earn their trust and respect for Microsoft in an authentic way.
- Build relationships with key members of the Python community, help promote and foster communities, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with engineering and product teams.
- Work closely with internal product teams to provide relevant and actionable feedback from the perspective of a Python web developer, adhering to well-known best practices, tools, and techniques.
- Win the hearts and minds of developers by building and/or contributing to key OSS projects and building cool, useful, or productive apps.
- Use data, experiments, and customer feedback to drive growth in your community.
Strong demonstrable technical background in Python Web and application development. Moderate experience with both Django and Flask, or deep experience with one framework. Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mongo DB, etc. Knowledge of working with and building APIs.
Deep Understanding of Python coding standards and practices like PEP8 coding conventions, linting, testing etc.
Minimum of one year of experience working on a Python based systems at scale as a production engineer.
Knowledge of cloud computing for one or more cloud providers.
Solid communication skills - ability to be both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker. Experienced in giving technical talks at Python community conferences (PyCon, PyData etc,) or Python Meetups.
Passion for helping developers connect people and communities.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our developers and platform the most successful.
- Travel may be required at a later date depending on where local and national developer events are held.
- Previous experience as a developer advocate, developer evangelist, or external developer-focused role would be preferred but not necessary.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities via social media, blogging, or other channels is required.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.