|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Los Angeles, California, New York, New York, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
This Azure Analytics, Data & AI Lead role is part of the US sales strategy leadership v-team. This role is a senior solution sales leader accountable for setting and achieving the US subsidiaries Data and AI business performance.
In this role, you will lead a community of technical, partner, and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly Data & AI revenue and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. While working as a trusted advisor and an Analytics, Data & AI subject matter expert with core capability and expertise in data modernization, analytics, and AI.
The Azure Analytics, Data & AI is a “business expert” function providing leadership, business insight and strong individual contribution to both the challenges and opportunities in the US business. In this role you will be expected to get into the details and be hands on in the business to support the regional sales teams and ensure the region is achieving its overall business objectives.
The successful candidate will be an experienced (cloud) business sales leader who has a demonstrated ability in strategic sales planning, exceptional customer/partner relationship management, sales talent assessment/development and sales execution.
The ability to hold others accountable and demonstrate impact and influence without direct control while maintaining excellent cross-boundary collaboration are critical success factors for the role.
- Lead sellers to drive the Azure Data and AI business to exceed revenue and scorecard targets.
- Develops their seller’s Solution Sales skills to sell the business outcomes of the broader Azure Intelligent Cloud platform
- Ensures orchestration among sales team and other teams engaging in the customer (e.g. partners, services, Engineering support, etc.)
- Maintains the pipeline and the forecast to required operational standards
- Drives new business opportunities to achieve targets contributing positively to relevant subsidiary scorecard metrics
- Even higher levels of operational excellence. Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions, increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Lead cross-team to ensure customer intent to consume cloud services sold.
- Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
5 - 10 years of experience:
- of experience selling business solutions to enterprise customers with a focus on Analytics & AI cloud technology solutions
- selling software-as-a-service or cloud-based business applications to enterprise customers
- identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions
- Consulting/Solutions Sales position working with solutions that include Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Spark, Data Lake, SQL and/or other comparable solutions
- Coaching and supporting multi-million-dollar Azure Apps & Infra deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal team members.
- successfully displacing competitors
- carrying and exceeding a large sales / cloud consumption quota by driving and closing enterprise deals
- demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success.
- Data & AI Platform. Understanding of Microsoft Azure Data & AI products. The position requires the ability to articulate and demonstrate the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products relative to major Microsoft competitors
- Expertise 18 months experience selling business solutions to enterprise or mid-market customers with a focus on Analytics & AI technologies (ie - Teradata, Oracle Exadata, IBM Netezza, SAP (HANA, BW), HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera/Hortonworks, Apache Spark, Snowflake, MapR, AWS (Redshift, Glue), Google (BigQuery), MySQL, PostreSQL, NoSQL, Machine Learning solutions and/or other comparable solutions)
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence
- Leadership. Experience leading large cloud engagements especially those involving Strategic Analytics & AI solutions, Data Platform modernization and migration and related
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and platform competitor landscape
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Certifications with Azure Data Engineer, Azure AI Engineer or equivalent industry certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration, or relevant job experience required.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.