|Job Type:||Full Time|
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. We anticipate and provide capacity for continuous scale, enabling ~30% of Microsoft revenue through Commercial Cloud ($38 billion in FY20 Q1). The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation. We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, telemetry systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible. CO+I Engineering is a competitive advantage for Microsoft, and an important pillar in its cloud success.
We are looking for a motivated individual to be part of a CO+I IT Services Engineering team. The IT Services Sr. Solution Engineer will work closely with other internal and external teams to help build reliable, stable, high performance applications and services, core infrastructure platform to hosting highly critical systems. The IT Services Solutions Engineer will partner across multiple efforts to develop and drive the overall design, development, and operational maturity of our core infrastructure environment.
The IT Services Sr. Solution Engineer position reports to Director of IT Services and must be an experienced team player, possess strong communication and collaboration skills, and can effectively manage a demanding workload in the execution of multiple concurrent projects across geographic and organizational boundaries
- Understand complex customer business problems
- Visualize customer internal systems and information topology
- Deliver trusted, long-term, high ROI solutions
- Collaborate with the team on building a highly scalable and high-performance services and applications
- Collaborate with customers and partners to understand user requirements and design features to enable rich search experiences
- Participate in on-call rotation to as an engineering escalation
- Support Security & Technology Shared Services organization to help formulate a strategy to promote the adoption of Azure within the focus industry
- Guide internal ensure success in migrating applications, software, and services following the principles of Azure Well-Architected Framework teams to
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the Azure solutions architecture community
- Design/Architect scalable framework in Azure to host Physical Access Control System, Enterprise Datawarehouse, SharePoint Online, HoloLens and Monitoring system
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management. Subject-matter expertise in one or more of the following:
- Scalable architecture using Azure App Services (or equivalent cloud services), API management, Serverless Compute Technologies, Container Orchestration, Microservice Framework, etc
- Software development practices (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM) including DevOps, Azure for Devops
- Experience and understanding of large-scale applications portfolio in an enterprise-wide environment (including migration of on-premises workload to the cloud)
- Experience using integrated development environments such as Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse targeting Windows/Linux, Public Clouds
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application development projects (including essential coding skills and practice)
- Experience with automation to deploy and manage infrastructure, database and networking architectures for internet-scale applications
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with SharePoint Online
- Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions
- Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills), implementing practices from others and sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security background screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements currently include, but may change, and are not limited to:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Screen Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Screen background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter while in this role.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.